Need Help In Thread

Ruthie629

I want to make a dress using thread size 10, I need 15oz of MC & 4oz of CC. The thread will be doubled through out the pattern. How many balls will I need to complete this as my yarn store does not carry large quantities of one colour, may have to order on line.

Thank You

Hi Thread usually comes in yards. White and Ecru are usually 400 yards and the colors are usually 350 yards.

The pattern should tell you how many yards you need, unless it is originally done in sports weight yarn.:hook

I don't know the math but DMC is in 50 gram balls. You need to figure out what the breaks down to in oz. and then you can calculate from there. 50 grams of size 10 Dmc = 284 yard approximately

Good luck with your project. Whatever you do just remember to buy plenty, especially if it's a color and be sure it's all the same dye lot. Do not think just because you order off line it will all be the same dye lot. I have had an order come in with 2 different dye lots in it for the same color. I did let them know I wasn't too pleased about that. So double check immediately.

Archived