new username

MomaChet

Just letting you know. For some reason, I couldn't get a password. So I made a new username, with my new blog name. I was KelsoFab4. Now I am MomaChet. Sorry for any confusion. :think

P.s. I stil can't figure out how to add my blog button, with the link embedded, in my signature. Can anyone help? Thanks:hook

I can change your username for you if you like Leah, back to KelsoFab4. Just let us know.

Also, we wrote a bunch of Tips and things in the FAQ section here. Hope this gets you started! :D

Leah, try to register again as KelsoFab4 and you will get your posts back. You will have to use a different e-mail addres. Then we can merge your two usernames. Okay?

:badidea Okay, I know Donna will check on you when she comes back. I'm trying to think of what is going on but am drawing a blank here. Not to worry though, we can merge the accounts when we get it figured out. And if you want to stay MomaChet we can do that too, not a problem. But you want your posts, right? :hug

Leah, log out, delete your cookies, close all your browser windows, and then come back to the board. You should be logged out then. If you are using Internet Explorer, you delete your cookies by going to Tools > Internet Options > Delete cookies. Let us know if that works.

have you tried manually removing your cookies within your browser? This will delete cookies for OTHER sites, not just (the new and improved) crochetville, so if you don't want to do that, avoid it.

in Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Cookies

in Mozilla/Firefox: Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Cookies -> Manage Stored Cookies -> Delete Cookies

Not sure about Safari since I can't check that right now...

What happens when you click "Log Out" ?? Does it just not log you out or perhaps it relogs you in when you return to the site -- if you have "remember me" checked, try unchecking it.

Jess, it is possible that Leah is having problems logging out. I had it happen when we were testing the board before we went live, but I was hoping it was just me. :sweat Apparently not. Deleting cookies worked for me, though.

Jess, it is possible that Leah is having problems logging out.

I've seen it before, I was just throwing out other options. Usually there are ways around weird session issues like that (aside from deleting the cookies). :)

[you beat me to the instructions on how to delete the browser cookies, I wasn't trying to step on toes! ]

Oh, no, no toe stepping! :D You're right, it's better not to delete all cookies if there are some you want to keep. I'm not terribly attached to any of mine. :P

That's okay, Leah, it was late! :lol You're welcome! But will you please let me know if you are still not able to log out? If that's happening, I need to figure out why and try to fix it. :sweat

Archived