i finally did it.

i finally got out my stash of yarn and actually put it in order. i have several baby things that need to be washed and donated. i've found a place to send those. i got all of the yarn together (it's not as bad as i thought) so i'll know what i have. i also have put together a bag of leftovers that i will donate to our school thrift shop. sadly, a little bit got tossed. i have a ton of homespun blue ridge (now discontinued) that i want to make a sweater for myself out of. it feels good to finally do this.

now, to just remember not to buy anymore before i use this up.;)

I organized mine not to long ago. I dont have alot though...just one tote full. I joined up with the blitzers and am sending things made from my stash to the different charities each month.

Now if I could just remember where I hid all those finished squares so I could put together some lapghans....

Good for you! I did this a while back....hubby brought home a HUGE tote and said that maybe it would make it easier for me if most of my stuff was in one place. I had like 4 or 5 boxes. He even sat in the floor and helped me sort it! I have 2 or 3 project containers and then the monster tote. It holds my yarn and my thread. It spans almost the whole bottom length of our king size bed. I might have to look through the tote when I'm after something, but at least it's all in one place now!:clap

I need to do that. I just committed a bunch of my stash to an afghan for my friend for Christmas, but I need to do inventory to find out what I have and what needs to be purchased. And I really need to properly sort and organize my FOs for my online shop. I'm in trouble though, Michael's has the cheap Bernat Cotton yarn on sale even cheaper, and I want to go buy a bunch when I get paid... uh oh...

Archived