Ebay disappointment

Deb

Today I received a package! It was the yarn I had purchased from someone on Ebay. It contained a spool of

teal weaving yarn.

I really wish that I had asked you guys what weaving yarn is like. I really wish that I had some clue about gauge, and such. Now I have this spool of ~what I would call~ thread... and I have NO idea what to do with it.

Not only that... but I have another spool, in deep purple coming.

I can't blame the seller. I didn't really ask the right questions.

So... what am I to do with this thread? Any suggestions? Anyone want some *not used at all* thread?

Deb

I do agree with Rebecca that you could use the thread along with some other yarn.. Doing this method would work out great for making a backpack, tote or purse. As it wont stretch..

Or just use the thread to make a real pretty shawl.. The light weight ones are in these days too.. Or how about some curtains, a thread afghan( I have a pattern or two somewhere to use thread)

I love the purple color that your going to be getting.. :))

i have a wool that isnt much bigger than an thread.. i have made th enicest gossamer shawl from it.. i have also held it in with a few different yarns jsut for an accent of colour.. it works well with that..

and those two colours.. i would hold together with maybe a basic black.. that would just spark them i think .. and make something wonderful ..

Thanks ladies!

You've made me feel better about the entire fiasco. AND... after working with the thread/yarn for a little while last night, I am thinking I might be able to work it in to a few projects. (I might have to ... seeing as I have so much of it. haha!)

Oh well.

Live and learn.

btw... I held it together with some white cotton thread (No. 10 I think) and tried some filet crochet. Interesting effect. I'm going to try snowflakes next.

Archived