Annie's Favorite Crochet

tigermom

I have always loved everything from Annie's Attic so I sent for a free copy of the her magazine. I know I willl not like everything in a crochet magazine but I was not impressed with this at all. Does anybody else here get this and is this just a so-so edition. I would love to subscribe but I don't want to waste 20 bucks. Of the projects in this magazine, how many do you actually like/or have made. thanks for your input.

You know, everyone's tastes are different. But I think the magazine has changed a lot over the years and I'm not really impressed with it either. Every couple of years I will send for the freebie to see if I might be interested in subscribing again, but it really fails to wow me. In fact, most of the small crochet "digests" are lacking. I think CROCHET! is probably the one that gives me the most. I really miss Crochet Fantasy.

I actually bought this issue. I buy it once in awhile. Taste is different with most everyone. I will say that this issue is about what it is on average.

I only buy this one, Hooked on Crochet, and Crochet! every once in a while but they're all getting hard to find in my area. The two little ones I can only get at Books a Million and have to travel for those. Crochet! I was getting at Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann's but couldn't find the last issue (which I wanted for the bracelet) and so far haven't found the new issue.

I really don't want to sub just for occasional issues.

I'm not that impressed with that magazine either. I give it a try every few years and then I kind of think I wasted my money again. I like Hooked on Crochet and Crochet! Those are better magazines.

The patterns in AFC are just ok, nothing spectacular! So I won't be subscribing again.

:manyheart

thanks for your input. I thought it was just me after seeing all the talent here, that I was disappointed with a national publication. Guess I'll save the 20 buck and spend it on patterns from members here!

Like I said before AND I HOPE AMY is reading this!!....

Crochetville needs to come up with their own monthly magazine

with all the fun ideas from it's members! I'd subscribe in a heartbeat!

Maybe they could have contests to get into it or member picks of the

month or something... along with tips and things from it's members.

WHAT DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK???? SHALL WE GIVE AMY A CALL?

:yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes

You know you could go to the library and go through the years worth and make a decision that way. Everyone will have different interests and likes and can't really tell you if you would like it.

I have a subscription to this magazine and when it is over, I will not be renewing it again. I prefer what is in Hooked on Crochet or even Crochet. Sometimes the mag is good, but most of the time, it is like the last one.:hook

Archived