Broomstick Lace...its so easy!!!!

Also, thread crocheters don't need to be left out. I worked a swatch (not sure where it is at the moment) in #10 thread using a Size 11 knitting needle for the broomstick pin. It's more fiddly than yarn but looks very neat.

Linda Y

I thought I'd post an update. I haven't had much time to work on this so I haven't gotten very far with the broomstick lace...but I just love it. I thought I would also show you a pick of my afghan while I was at it. This is going to be my afghan.

http://www.members.aol.com:/shellybrook/morebroomstick.jpg

http://www.members.aol.com:/shellybrook/morebroomstick1.jpg

http://www.members.aol.com:/shellybrook/afghan.jpg

Enjoy:D

Oh My Goodness, That is beautiful. That is broomstick lace! I have heard of it, And I have seen that pattern before, but never knew it was broomstick. Wow, I have got to try this. It looks somewhat easy. I will probaly mess it up, But I have got to give it a try. Now to think of what yarn I have in my stash that will look that good.

Me, too! This has completely captured me, and it's rather bad timing, since I'm already wrapped up in several WIPs as it is. LOL I've started a file in my crochet folder just for this, though, and as soon as I can commit to another project, I want to try this. I have some cheap yarn to practice on, then want to use some very nice cashmere to make a new scarf for my mom. This looks like it would make a gorgeous scarf, and that would be a great Christmas present to make up this summer.

Thanks loads!

Lene'

I'm totally captured too. I put all my WIPS in the closet except the broomstick project and the afghan that I had in the pictures. If anyone else picks this up please post some pics.:hook

I love broomstick lace. It is so nice and fast to do. My aunt made me a scarf many years ago and I just had to learn how to do it.

Maybe my next project will involve that stitch again. I haven't done it for a long time.

Good luck everyone. It's an awesome stitch.

:manyheart

Thanks for sharing this, I've always wanted to try the broomstick crocheting but I was very intimidated. With help from this thread, I'm going to give it a try....Lynne

Triple crochet, to me, was more intimidating than broomstick lace.

I'll have to pull out the belt I made last summer using thread. It makes really pretty scarves for spring fall, but because of the holes, they are not so great for winter.

I have it in the back of my mind to make a skirt for my self with broomstick lace, but I need to get cabled knitting needles first. And finish my WIPs.

Archived