Blocking and stiffening

I was just wondering what everyone uses for a blocking/stiffening board. :think I used to use an old macramae board that i had left the plastic on but in all the moves it has gone AWOL :eek and I can't seem to find one at the local craft stores. any ideas/advice:think . Thanks:hug

I have a large piece of foam core that I use. I cover it with a sheet of wax paper or saran wrap when I use it to block.

I use one of those cheap folding cardboard cutting 'tables" from the sewing department. It's got a nice grid on it. Some even have circles charted on them, too :-)

I bought a nice big piece of foam board at Hobby Lobby. What I like about it is that I can reuse it many many times, and it's big enough I can block several pieces at once (I don't stiffen).

Plus, it's cheap, and available in lots of sizes.

Well, since I've never done anything but the ironing method for blocking... I use my ironing board! :D

I might have to go out in the shed and dig out some of the styrofoam we have a huge pile of soon, though. I'm going to be making a doily for my grandmother and methinks I'm going to use one of the stiffener methods for that one. I want it to look "perfect" when she gets it. :hook

Archived