Plymouth Wildflower DK Yarn SUB???

firemanshunny

I have a pattern that calls for Plymouth Wildflower DK yarn. The problem is that I can't find a store in my area that sells it. I would like to see it and feel it before I invest in this yarn. Seeing as I am just starting to venture out into new yarn, I am not sure what would be a good alternative yarn. I just got some tahki cotton classic from a secret crochetville fairy god mother. Would this work?? Is the cotton classic considered a DK yarn?? I also read somewhere that the Plymouth yarn is not very good cause it splits. Can anyone suggest a good DK yarn that washes well?? Thanks for the help!! :h-val

I have this in my stash...

SoHo On My Own

I have the Aqua color. I've never used it. I didn't realize it was so thin. I'd never used or purchased DK weight. It's like string. I may have dental floss thicker than this.

Anyway, lol, if you're just looking to see a DK weight "yarn" I'd be more than happy to send you a sample, a skein or four....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, what did you order? I have the same problem. My lys does carry dks, but not in any little girl colors. Let me know what you got and how you like it. Also, what are you making...

I=noisy. :-)

I ended up getting the yarn from Kaleidoscope yarn. I got the colors jungle and peacock. The colors are great. I got the peacock to make the hat and sweater on the front of the crochet for tots book. I only made the hat and than I got side tracked. But I am going to make the sweater soon. :hook The stitches seem kind of big when you are done but they shrink alittle in the wash. You can see the hat here. I really like this yarn and I thought that it was a reasonable price per skein. I think that 3.25 or 3.75. The shipping is what gets you. But I will order from Kaleidoscope yarn again. But as far as the patterns go, I think that any DK/ sport weight yarn would be ok.

I looked around trying to find something that was the same as the Plymouth wildflower yarn. TLC Cotton Plus is the same blend (51% cotton and 49% acrylic). I did a few test stitches to see how it compares. It works up a little larger than the Plymouth but over all I think it is going to be a good sub. I am now working on the Coco Cardigan from Crochet for tots. One in plymouth and one using the TLC. I cant wait to see how they come out. So you if you decide to get the book, I think the TLC is going to be a good sub and it is easier to find.

Archived