Pattern Clarification

Cranky Crocheter

Question

I think I start way too many projects before I complete a single one... For some reason I have a love/hate relationship with WIPS:devil

I saw a bag designed by recyclecindy, which is insanely creative, I have looking for a great tote pattern and this looked great so I wanted to give it a try in yarn..

Pattern:

Chain 24

Round 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch stitch to end, work 3 Hdc around the corner. Work Hdc in each stitch down the back side of the chain, ending with 2 Hdc at end of round. Do not join.

I can't understand what is marked in red and I am not sure if I ch 24 and join with a sl st and then work in rounds?

Any help from RecycleCindy or anyone would be great!!:hook

7 answers to this question

I think you are supposed to make three Hdc's in the beginning chain stitch and then continue to Hdc in the unworked loops of the original chain stitches. I would imagine that the next row has you working around the strip in all of the Hdc's. The stitch count should be 49. (I think!)

HTH!

Edit to add a really rough sketch:

o=chain

x=Hdc

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x

oooooooooooooooooooooooox

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x

It just means that you are going to work along both sides of the chain.

once you have worked your way down the chain and put all those sts into the end chain, you just keep going and work sts into the other side of the same chain.

This is a good technique to learn as you use it for lots of stuff. (great for slippers with soles)

wow... If I can successfully make a bag without sewing it.... I will def need more yarn!! Right now, 5 rounds in, it looks like a canoe, the sides are coming up... wow... slippers.. are next!!!!:cheer :cheer

Hi Cranky Crocheter,

Sorry I didn't see your post until today. But Darski was exactly right, you just go around the corner and as you said it's a canoe now but just wait. It's great because it makes your bag seamless which I love. No sewing involved and makes it stronger too. If you ever have a question of me, please PM me as I'm a bit slow to see posts.

I'd love to see your bag when it's done. Let me know, okay? Enjoy!! :hook

Hi Cranky Crocheter,

Sorry I didn't see your post until today. But Darski was exactly right, you just go around the corner and as you said it's a canoe now but just wait. It's great because it makes your bag seamless which I love. No sewing involved and makes it stronger too. If you ever have a question of me, please PM me as I'm a bit slow to see posts.

I'd love to see your bag when it's done. Let me know, okay? Enjoy!! :hook

Cindy... thank you so much for responding:) I have put the bag on hold of course for other things.. But I do plan on making it.. I love making bags.. its my new obsession.. I do have a question so I will PM you now.. Thanks:manyheart

Archived