New Crochet! is out

**Ann**

I just picked up the magazine at Joanne's tonight. I am going to make the cover top for my cruise for april 2008. The yarn I bought was Bernat baby corrdinates. It is the same weight yarn (light #3). I got the blue bon-bon. I think it will work up pretty. I love Drew's dress but I definetly don't have that body to wear something like that! Maybe next year by cruise time!!! I wish.

• 4 weeks later...

This was my very first issue. I was so excited when it arrived!

I love Drew's dress but being a pastor's wife I'm not sure I could wear that in public. ;) Awesome creation Drew! It really is stunning.

Have you all read the 10 Commandments on the back page? :lol

I by chance happened to find it at my local store which thrilled me.

I'm already working on the cover cardi with a cream colored yarn from accord which is a nice not fuzzy but soft sport/thin worsted weight yarn I buy frequently. So I'm definately IN for a CAL.

I also loved a few of the other items in there. The dress is sooo cute but no way I'd be able to wear it :)

I by chance happened to find it at my local store which thrilled me.

I'm already working on the cover cardi with a cream colored yarn from accord which is a nice not fuzzy but soft sport/thin worsted weight yarn I buy frequently. So I'm definately IN for a CAL.

I also loved a few of the other items in there. The dress is sooo cute but no way I'd be able to wear it :)

Oh, I was thinking this evening I'd like to have a CAL for that jacket. :clap Let's do it!

Instead of "just knowing it's too advanced" just try it. The only way to ever advance is to try..All crochet stitches start exactly the same way. They are just a combinations of loops pulled through other loops started off with a chain. You should never be intimidated by a pattern. The cover sweater is open work. There is very little that is complicated in an openwork design. It's not like trying an Aran (fisherman) design, with cables and popcorns and diamonds and lions and tigers and bears oh,my :lol If you like it, just grab any old yarn and try out the pattern, rip it out and try again. you will be able to master it, then you can use a color you would wear and make the sweater. I personally like a bunch of the designs. I think the diaper bag, with the colors changed, will make a great tote bag. I taught myself to crochet akazillion years ago, there was no internet, and I had no one ask for help, but I never let the fact that I hadn't been crocheting for long ever keep me from trying a design I liked. some of them took a few tries to get right, but I always did. So just go for it.

Thanks for the wisdom. That has been my motto ever since, "Just do it!" When I started I didn't even know how to change colors or weave in the ends. Yet when a skirt that I desperately loved so much popped up, I bought my yarn, gathered my hook and did it. The pattern came from graphs! And I made it!

All you need to do to get to the next level is courage. Don't let the label fool you. Sometimes they list a pattern as "experience" but in fact it's quite simple after you break it into small pieces. Just go ahead and try :hug

I picked up Crochet! this month. I don't have subscriptions to any of these mags, but I should. I didn't even realize that the Peekaboo Plunge was by the CrochetDude, but that's one of the main reasons I picked up this magazine!

Archived