Crocheted Drawstring bag

librarycat513

Crochetbag01.jpg

I got tired of taking small crochet projects in my backpack on the bus and having a hard time with yarn rolling off my lap, so I decided to crochet myself a little wrist bag just big enough to hold whatever project I want to take on the bus with me. The pattern I got from the Caron website, it uses Jewel Box yarn (I chose to do it in Pearl and Smoky Quartz) and I made it a little bigger than the pattern so that it comfortably fits a full ball of size 10 thread with enough room for a small packet of necessities (stitch holders, needles, counter), the work in progress and a copy of whatever pattern I'm working on.

Crochetbag03.jpg

This picture is just to illustrate the size of the bag (and note there is a full ball of DMC Traditions in there right now). I'm very happy with it, and now I can take projects on the bus without worrying about whether or not I'm going to lose anything. :clap

PS - yes, that is a five shelf bookcase full of baskets in the background ... and yes all those baskets are full of yarn. And that's not quite half of what I have laying around. :blush

oh I really like that!!! it's very pretty and practicle!!! I would love to look through your baskets on that shelf LOL

Archived