*UPDATED*Pics of afghan in progress(pics inside)

Aelita

Okay I finally got the squares sorted out and this is how I am going to join them:

Here is the top part:

afghan2.jpg

and here is the bottom part:

afghan1.jpg

it was so long I had to take two seperate pics. The joining methods I am using came out of a book called 101 Granny Squares new Motifs for Contemporary Designs. It is the method for the 'Whirling Windmills' afghan in the book. The way it is joined is you have two squares together and you sc in a sc on one square then ch 1 then sc in the same sc in the next square and keep going back and forth that way to the end and then join two more and so on and so on. This is going to be the first time I ever did an afghan of squares so it is fun.

Here is what I got so far now:

afghan3.jpg

and bottom part:

afghan4.jpg

I am going to do two rows of dc's around it as well. I am using the inside of the yarn for the joining of the squares and I am using the outside of the yarn for the border. The orange I hook is for the border and the blue(not in the pic) will be for joining the squares together. It's not as hard as I thought it would be.

I'm very impressed! You are doing a fabulous job! The afghan is going to be super wonderful when it is finished. Keep up the good work! :cheer

Archived