come ripple along...

crochetcompulsive

...with the No-End-in-Sight Ripple-Along!

Great stash burning, odd-ball-using, "oh my gosh it was just too fabulous of a deal even though I have no idea what to do with it" busting project...and it's fun too. There's just something about the ripple...

Sorry, no button yet...anybody up to help?

Stash dive begins now! I'm not so good at choosing colors, so I will be good at not being picky. Who knows, I may create a masterpiece.

How about sorting like colors into several stash sacks, use one sack for several rows, then change sacks. Maybe grab a color from another sack to mix in every so often.

I may change my mind and just grab and run, which may turn out better than if I plan it.

Aaanyhow, can I join in?

BTW, loved your blog

:yarn :yarn :yarnDi :yarn :yarn :yarn

Let me think on it. I have a big tub of yarn in the closet that I have no plans for. Maybe I will make some smaller ghans for the hospice program at work. Just reach and grab for a new color every row or two. No rhyme or reason in my head so why should there be any with a ghan!

I l.o.v.e. your ideas one and all! ..and slicer, a round ripple! mmmmmm...now I need to start another, what a cool idea.

I forgot to mention, if you want to jump in the blog, fire me an email with your email address so blogger can send you an invite to get you on the list. Or, if you prefer, send me a note when you post updates on your blog and I'll make a note on the ripple along directing people there.

Hi ! I couldn't help but notice that all of the posts here so far have been placed by newbies.

And so I wasn't sure if you knew that we already have an extremely established Ripple Along running here.

It's historic actually. 149 pages, over 1400 posts. And we've recently talked about types of ripples you're mentioning. Actually, we are working on all kinds of ripples there.

I myself have recently ordered the 200 Ripple Stitches Book so I can start a new stripey style afghan.

Come check us out!

Hey Lorraine,thanks for the link...I have to confess, I figured there was one round about here somehow, I mean how could such a large crochet community NOT be rippling? Most of my computer time is spent with a baby hanging off my lap or yanking on my shirt though, and I don't often have time to peruse much beyond the first page of each topic...it's so big here I miss a ton. I really appreciate all the veterans that have filled in the gaps for me! (and why I was super excited about the podcast...at least I'll be prompted to make some targeted browsing sessions!)

Will toss a note over there too in case someone wants to play a different way...thanks again!

Sorry, gals, I was really looking forward to this, but I'm out. :no Dad is in need of immediate attention, so I'll be heading to Kentucky away from a computer.

I'll check back when I get home (TX) to see what everyone's up to. We'll see then.

Have a great time with your rippling!

Dianne

Ooh, I am very tempted. I stumbled across the ripple blog while reading blogs and all those ripples look great. I'm waiting for a new crochet pattern book that I'm hoping will have some ripple pattern inspiration in it. Then see what kind stash I have or maybe I'll just HAVE to buy some yarn.

Archived