Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I love the layout! Can't wait to see it finished!

Here are the first 4 (of 9) rows of the granny ghan joined.... the more i join the more I like it. I think with a boarder to even out all the edges it will be good enough to call a sucessful project:c9

[/img]

That's ABSOLUTELY going to be a successful project. Can't wait to see it!

:cheer

Joyce

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished another two squares last night...I sound like a broken record...:blah

Ha Ha ! You sound EXACTLY like me. I felt like everytime I posted, I was saying "I finished 2 more hexagons last night" - which was true - I couldnt' do more than 2 a day - that was all I had time for. Now I am saying - joined 1 row last night - I am definetly a broken record." But that is okay - progress is progress.

I have the breast cancer ribbon afghan laid out on my floor

Oh my goodness!!! That is absolutely beautiful!!! I love the soft pink/white with the rich reds.

Here are the first 4 (of 9) rows of the granny ghan joined.... the more i join the more I like it. I think with a boarder to even out all the edges it will be good enough to call a sucessful project:c9

That is just turning out so great! I agree that the border will even out the edges - that is definetly a successful project - great work.

I have the 1st 2 points of the angled bowtie and about 1/2 of the BIG B finished. I'm a little over a foot into Dad's Budghan. I'll try to post a pic tomarrow.

Your dad is going to love it - I can't wait to see it.

As far as me... well, I did NOT finish my hexagon afghan - I only have 1 more row to join but I ended up at an all day workshop at church on Saturday and I spent Sunday working on pattern testing for someone. I wanted to be able to send her a pic today (I need to get one item though to finish that). Maybe I will finish tonight - wish me luck.

Wow! I have a lot of catching up to do! :2spin

Sorry you didn't like it, it looked like it would be pretty but if you don't enjoy doing it doesn't matter. Can't wait to see the new one.

I will begin joining the breast cancer afghan today. I also started on the daffodil afghan last night when I finished the last square for the BC ghan. I didn't want to take 20+ squares with me for the weekend. Will post a pic when I finish.

Joyce

I'm not sure I'm liking the new one either. :reyes I'm wondering if it's more because of the stiffness of this yarn in comparison to the last 2 projects I did, both large and both in Caron Simply Soft.

Thanks to the layout I did on my computer, I have the breast cancer ribbon afghan laid out on my floor (on a sheet). Here's what it looks like at this point (excuse my foot, I thought I'd cropped it out)

IM001207.jpg

Joyce

Joyce, I'm stunned! :h5 That is fabulous! How will you be joining?

I have the 1st 2 points of the angled bowtie and about 1/2 of the BIG B finished. I'm a little over a foot into Dad's Budghan. I'll try to post a pic tomarrow.

RoseRed, can you check the first post and just make sure I have all of your info correct? Sounds like you're making a lot of progress!

P3130171.jpg

It's 56 inches wide 176 st's across.

I have 12 inches finished so far. It'll be somewhere around 6 1/2 feet long when it's done. 200 and some rows. Dad's just over 6 feet and with my jimbo I hook it should be just about right for him YAY!

I'd like to see my stepmom try to steal this one!!!!!

Doing such a big graph was truly intimidating. I'm just taking it one row at a time. I'm using an index card to keep the lines straight and covering what's still left to do. I know it's just a silly mind game but it works for me!

I'm actually doing it !!!!!:yay

ps -BarbaraJean, the 1st post looks good to me!

Wow....:hook

Jessica and Joyce you have both done a wonderfully nice job.

Rose Red looking good can't wait to see it when its finished.

I hope to have some pics today of my work....

Happy Crocheting to you all. :yay

Debra

I have 12 inches finished so far

Oh - I can see the label appearing - I know you can't wait to see his reaction when you give it to him.

[

Joyce, I'm stunned! :h5 That is fabulous! How will you be joining?

Thank you Barbara Jean

I'm joining the same way as I did with the Relay for Life afghan. sc on first square, ch1 sk sc on next square sc c1 back and forth. it goes really quickly. I"m saving Dudessembly for the Daffodil afghan.

JOyce

P3130171.jpg

I have 12 inches finished so far. It'll be somewhere around 6 1/2 feet long when it's done. 200 and some rows. Dad's just over 6 feet and with my jimbo I hook it should be just about right for him YAY!

I'd like to see my stepmom try to steal this one!!!!!

Doing such a big graph was truly intimidating. I'm just taking it one row at a time. I'm using an index card to keep the lines straight and covering what's still left to do. I know it's just a silly mind game but it works for me!

I'm actually doing it !!!!!:yay

ps -BarbaraJean, the 1st post looks good to me!

I'm amazed and impressed RoseRed. Can't wait to hear updates. What a terrific accomplishment to see come together

Joyce

Thanks you all! Stargazingirly, I don't think I've ever thought of the word talented anywhere near my name. Thank you! BarbaraJean, I made many of those before I was convinced they looked like daffodils! But, I'm pleased and I can't wait to see this come together. I'll be using plain yellow and cream squares to break up that bright green and I just hope someone thinks they can find a use for an afghan with those colors in them.

Thanks you all! :manyheart

Joyce

RoseRed, your Budweiser afghan is going to be awesome! :cheer

Joyce, very nice daffodil square! Pretty colors! And your breast cancer awareness afghan is fabulous! Can't wait to see it finished! Great job! :cheer

Joyce...where'd you get the pattern for that AWESOME square? I love daffodils!

That's a combo of patterns. For the square I used Chris Simon's Star Overlay square pattern found here

And, instead of the star, I used a daffodil pattern found here. I just used one color yellow and left off the leaves.

Joyce

Here is the first daffodil square I made.

Joyce, I love it !!:manyheart I've never seen one like that before. So springy!! Man, you are fast :nworthy

nutsaboutcrochet13: Your tigger is so cute!

I haven't worked on my hexagon afghan since Friday - I finish testing a pattern for peggytoes first. I rented out Pursuit of Happiness to watch tonight so I will be working on my afghan then. I have almost completed the 1st square of my Breast Cancer Ribbon Afghan (I work on that during lunch, when I can).

Archived