What to make a little boy?

I may have this in the wrong place. A good freind is expecting her second child but she is leaving the sex of the baby a suprise until it's born. With her first a DD she and I made lots of pink and girly things. This time around I want to make some boy things just incase but am stumped. :think

What are some things that you have made for boys?

The little :angel is due in July by c-section so it won't be going anywere for the first month. It is the HOT months (we live in New Mexico) that I need some help with. Winter stuff is not a problem I have that covered.

i always find that a simple white granny blanket with scalloped edges cant go wrong. you can make it out of ww or baby yarn. can be used to lay the baby on and it can be used and abused and still look nice. one large granny square can be made quick and there are no squares to sew together. maybe use one of cupcakes cute little squares in the center and just make it a plain granny around that.

Sock Monkey blanket? - I'd love to see that one, I've never heard of it. Where is the HH book to be found?

How about a cute little blue cotton cap to keep the sun off? Or even make one in football colours......

Maureen

in one of the crochet mags that came out this month at borders (where i work) there was a cute little shorts+tshirt combo. i think it attached in the middle too with buttons maybe. i'm not sure because i was just glancing through on my break, but keep magazines in mind - they're going to have a lot of summer stuff soon if not already

Archived