Comfortghan needed for my Goddaughters' big sister(Pics start on pg.3)

Aelita

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to my mailbox and guess what I found??? Two more fat envelopes with squares in them yay. I was kind of miffed at the mailman b/c he or she stuffed them in my tiny mailbox. We have these big locker type boxes that they are supposed to put big packages in that won't fit in our mailbox and leave the key in our mailbox. Well the key wasn't in there but my packages were smashed inside. Thank God they weren't fragile. Well onto some pics.

These squares came from a wonderful lady whose has the same name as my goddaughter(in my pic), Lucy a.k.a. MLLORF:

squareset1.jpg

Aren't they beautiful? Especially the one that has the rings in the middle of it. For some reason I can't get those rings to look like that oh I love these squares thank you Lucy. The next set comes from another wonderful lady Sheri a.k.a. scc51055:

squareset2.jpg

More beautiful squares and oh so soft. These squares are so beautiful I want them for myself but I must resist temptation. Thank you Sheri so much for the squares. So far you guys have been a big help.

Aelita, my two squares are finished, packed and ready to mail. All I have to do, is get to the post office, asap. Hopefully, I will get there this afternoon. It shouldn't take that long for you to get them....cause you're not that far.

Best of wishes,

Daisy

Aelita, I just went to the post office and mailed the package..... so my squares are on their merry way. Let me know when you get them. :hug

Daisy

Great I'll be looking out for them. Today I got a box of squares from another sweet woman by the name of Christina but we know her as Shaelynnsmom here are the squares I got from her:

squareset3.jpg

aren't they all nice? Oh I just love these squares especially the one with the flower in the middle it is precious. The purple variegated square I have been searching everywhere for that yarn and can not find it. I also wanted the blue yarn like it and I can't find them anywhere not even online. The purple in the middle is awesome it is variegated too but I like the stitches that were used to make it. Looks like dc's throughout it but I love it. I love all of them. Now that I have quite a few I will start to join them but I have one question...anyone have any idea what color yarn I should join them, I was thinking a heather grey and also what would be a good joining method? Thanx so much to everyone who has and will send squares, I appreciate it so much.

Aelita, I don't know what the color heather looks like, but since the little lady likes purple and pink, I would consider joining the squares with a bold or hot pink, lavender, or white. That's just my humble opinion though. I can't wait to see how the afghan looks when it's all put together. It's going to look fabulous!

I'm so glad that the box came... I was getting worried. I'm also happy you like the squares.

The purple variegated yarn can be bought online from Herrschners.

http://www.herrschners.com/products/product.aspx?sku=010526&id=810&tab=1

Here's the link... It's at the bottom right and it's called purples. They only sell it in the 3 oz size. I found mine at a LYS.

:hug :hug

Good luck joining...

All the squares look lovely. I always smile when I see a Waldo's Puzzle square... instructions are at Chris Simon's site.

We have variegated purple at our Wal Mart all the time.

Aelita, enjoy joining the squares!

Today I went to my mailbox and there was an envelope with more squares. They came from a wonderful lady named Linda from Chesapeake, VA. We know her on here as Pineknott and here is her lovely squares she sent to me:

squareset4.jpg. I have spread these squares out on my bed seeing as me and the young lady who will recieve this blanket have the same size bed, and I only need a few more squares. Those who have sent me some and I have not recieved them yet, that will cover the rest. I will start to join them with white yarn. I think I will sc them with three rows in between them now the question I have is when joining them do I go across like doing the bottom first and then sc in between them or does it matter which way? I myself will make some purple and pink squares to go around the ones I have recieved. Once again I thank you all who have sent me some squares and the ones I am still waiting on which I should recieve come tuesday seeing as the mail doesn't run on monday due to a holiday that day.

The squares all look so good. I can't wait to see the finished afghan.

I'm sorry I can't give you any advice on putting them together. I made one afghan by crocheting the squares together but I was not really thrilled with it. The others I sewed together. Now I prefer to just make the squares and let someone else put them together.:lol

Okay I went to the mailbox and look what I got:

squareset5.jpg

these lovely squares came from Daisy and they are beautiful. I always wanted to try and do a heart in the middle. These are so beautiful I love them and so will Lucys' sister. I have the squares I need and I'm only waiting for one more persons' squares to come which should be tomorrow. I want to thank everyone who sent me these beautiful squares. I guess I better get going on joining them.

Have my squares come yet? One is solid light pink, the other has light, dark pinks and one purple? Just let me know, I hope they get there safe!

Okay I went to the mailbox and look what I got:

squareset5.jpg

these lovely squares came from Daisy and they are beautiful. I always wanted to try and do a heart in the middle. These are so beautiful I love them and so will Lucys' sister. I have the squares I need and I'm only waiting for one more persons' squares to come which should be tomorrow. I want to thank everyone who sent me these beautiful squares. I guess I better get going on joining them.

Those are beautiful, I need to find a pattern for those.

I just got these squares yesterday and they came from another wonderful lady named Samtaro on here:

Squareset6.jpg

beautiful aren't they? I love the multi with the pink and purple and all these squares I got are so soft and pretty I kind of want to kepp them but I can't lol.

Archived