Crocheted Square Pattern Question???

Hi -

I was asked by the local library in my town to help in the "Knit In" they are having for charity which requires a 7"x9" rectangle either crocheted or knitted - when I went to a website she suggested that would have patterns - all that was there was a simple single crochet row after row or a stockinette one --

I would like to be a bit more creative with my rectangles - and was wondering if any of you have crocheted for these events with the same template suggested for measurement and what books, patterns, or resources you would recommend that might be a bit nicer than just the simple sc one?

Thanks for any and all help!;)

we kind of have something like that here called warm up america michaels puts in on every year and the squares are 7x9 you can pretty much do any pattern you feel like doing you can try michaels website or http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com

they have "granny type squares on there that you may find something you like.

I have never done a "knit in", but I have done Warm Up America. They also ask for 7x9 retangles. I have been to 'joining' days for this also, and speaking only from this experience... ALL the retangles were knit (sorry I don't knit so I don't know exactly what the stitches are really called, but they all looked like they were knit one row, purl one row, repeat, or they knit every row), or just what you said, all the crocheted ones were rows of sc or hdc or dc, and that's it, no variations.

Thanks for your input everyone! I went to the right website initially but did not scroll down far enough to get to the other patterns - I will print them all out they seem simple!

It is for "Warm Up America" - I did not say that as I was unsure whether or not I could mention the actual charity by name since the site here seems to have it's own CAL's postings by "Villagers", so I did not want to interfere with those efforts. :)

But the librarians are calling it a "Knit In" as it will go round the clock with folks signing up for different hours. I won't be able to go but I am planning on making some and dropping them there ahead of time! They can be either crocheted or knitted.

Again thanks everyone!

Archived