CROCHET! newest issue

addictedtoyarn

I don't really like this magazine all that much. There's rarely ever anything in it that I would really make. But then again, they don't really cater to the BBWs out there. My subscription is about to run out and I don't intend to renew.

I got mine last week.

I put "SWING AND SWAY" on my "list".

I live 2 blocks from the lake and walk to and from daily...so...I think it would make a great swim suit cover-up!

That's when Summer :hot ever gets here!!!:sun

This was my last issue of the year subscription and I'm not renewing. I think it's a matter of personal taste, I just never like the clothing. To me the styles and color palettes are a bit 1980s--though 80s fashion is coming back around, legwarmers and all :). ....

I agree. I got this issue as a trial issue and I'm not going to subscribe. When it came in the mail, I thought at first glance that it looked like an old 80s crafts magazine I'd find in a garage sale. I'm not into making clothing at all, and the only thing I liked was the amigurumi page.

I guess if you're into making clothing, this might be the magazine for you, but I was hoping for more of the cute stuff.

I acutally was disappointed in the lack of articles. Don't get me wrong I love patterns, but I like reading about new techniques, different artists, etc. I also wish they offered back issues, but apparently there's not enough demand for them. Which surprises me.

I like Crochet Today! much better for the reasons stated - Crochet! just tries too hard to appeal to the "hip young thang".

I got the free issues of all the DRW magazines, and I actually subscribed to Crochet World - which skews waay on the old fashioned side. But, of all their magazines, it has the best mix of patterns, I thought. A little bit of apparel, a little bit of home dec, some kids stuff. It could use a bit of updating, but it's better than "it's hip, it's cool, it's boxy and it has fun fur!!".

There MUST be a happy medium between hip young thang and "this IS your grandmother's crochet", lol. Besides the semi-monthlies.

I need a good monthly magazine, DRW! Are you listening????

Archived