Good books?

SassyC

I got a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble for my birthday and wanted to pick up a crochet book. I would love some recomendations.

I just started crocheting, so I have some beginner books. I would like something that has some intermediate level patterns.

Thanks!

-Carrie

Well my book of course :) It is called Crochet on the Edge. You can see it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Edge-Annies-Attic/dp/1596351136/sr=1-1/qid=1170224764/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6429882-4825502?ie=UTF8&s=books

There are 143 edgings in the book and 8 finished designs.

The third Maggie Sefton book, A Deadly Yarn, in my opinion is the best. But it does help to read them in order. I figured out the who did it too quickly in the first book. The third book I was stumped. Plus it was about a designer who was going to New York to design. Being a designer, I liked the plot line. Her 4th book, A Killer Stitch, is supposed to be out in May. I am looking forward to getting it. Which book did you like best?

Bendy

If you're looking for a challenge, go with the Happy Hooker--just be sure to check the errata page before starting ANY pattern. There are lots of mistakes, but I always go back to this book when I need to make something for a gift.

Archived