Anyone near Wichita Falls, Texas. My Mom needs a class....m

My mother is retired and needs something to do. She has been wanting to learn to knit or crochet. I tried to teach her both but I don't teach very well. I thought she might do better from a club or class.

If anyone is close to that area or knows of one, I appreciate your input.

Thanks!!

For starters how about Michaels if there is one close by. If there is a local yarn store they may have classes or have info on some where she can take classes. In my home town there is a place called Ledge Craft Lane they have all kinds of different crafts there that people sell, but they also have people who give lessons so maybe there is one in her hometown. If nothing else she could pick up a crochet book that will show her how to do different stichtes to teach herself. Good Luck!

there is no Michaels in Wichita Falls. It closed last year. There is a Hobby Lobby here but they do not give classes. We have a LYS but it caters more towards knitters. I wish I could find someone else here to crochet with. Maybe this will help start a group.

I need to get her to get out of the house. She just sits around all the time. She did get DSL recently so maybe she'll try getting on the computer more. I plan to send her the link to this board and see if she'll use it to help get going.

Beth, thanks for the offers for help. I'll be sure to pass that along to her. Hopefully, I can get her going here and she'll feel more comfortable.

Archived