O Baby Hat - charity pattern

theworm

367579212_9f2bf71fff_m.jpg365258160_01579b6c38_m.jpg

"O Baby" is my new hat pattern. It's a quick and simple pattern to make, and I think it's rather cute if I may say so myself.

I designed this hat to help launch Operation Marine Corps Kids a new charity that is being formed to send hand-crafted items to babies and children of deployed marines.

I'll be happy to share this pattern with anyone who is interested. In return, I ask that you donate one finished hat to Marine Corps Kids.

If you would like a copy of the pattern, please e-mail me at wormswords@gmail.com, and I'll be glad to send you a copy of the pattern.

I made 2 hats with that pattern last night!! My ends turn up tho....I think it gives the hat a little 'extra' something! :)

I'll be putting them in the mail soon........

Thanks again for the pattern!!

Here they are!!!

KidsHats.jpg

The one on the left is made of granny squares.......I just started playing with it, and voila!

I'm going to try and get them in the mail tomorrow.......

Wow Christi!! Those looks great! I love the cheerful colors!!! I'm not even sure how you did the granny one, but it's adorable!!!

Did you have any trouble with the pattern?

This is so exciting for me!

Thank all of you who have requested the pattern. The kids and their families are really going to appreciate these! You are all great!

I didn't have any trouble at all with the pattern......the yellow one is made with Baby Bee from Hobby Lobby - really really soft, baby stuff... I couldn't get it to look right just using BLO, so I went into both loops...

The granny square hat is really easy.....it's 5 squares (one for the top, and 4 sides). I join them in the final rows instead of using whipstitching, and then put a row of sc around the bottom, then a row of shells and sc to finish it. You'll be able to tell better once you see it......

Honestly, I did the blo just to add some more texture, but I think that it works fine either way. The smooth crown actually brings more attention to the pattern section. I love it!!

Of course it's ok with me! You were kind enough to send one for Marine Corps Kids, but please feel free to use the pattern for yourself and/or any charity you choose to support! :)

sorry I didn't see this earlier--thanks so much for putting the photo up on your site--I hope you get lots of donations! It's such a cute hat--I can't wait for people around here to have more babies so I can make more! lol It is definitely in my 'standby cute stuff to make in a jiffy' category! :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just received two more caps for Marine Corps Kids.

I know that the "hooker" who made them posted a photo here, but I can't find her post and I only have her real name, not her on-line name.

In any case, the hats came out adorable!!! You can see them here.

Thanks so much for your interest and support!!!:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived