Chinelle hat!

Addey

Just finished this up this morning. It finally snowed here in PA overnight :yay and so I made up a quick little hat.

AddeyHat1.jpg?t=1169210256

AddeyHat2.jpg?t=1169210559

I found the pattern on CPC: http://www.angelscrochet.com/patterns/basicbucketpat.php

I changed it around a bit (as usual!) It called for worsted weight and an I hook. I used Lion Brand Thick and Quick Chinelle and a K hook. I also only did 4 rows of increases (so the even is 50 stitches, not 60), only 4 rows of even and the last row of green in the brim was a row of 80 and the silver is a 90 round of sc. I hope that makes sense. It's warm and fuzzy. I normally don't like fuzzy, but this is fleece fuzzy, not fun-fur fuzzy, so I 'm happy. :c9

I still don't know why my pictures won't link properly, but there ya go.

The hat only took about 2 hours of time, so wasn't a huge amount.

Oh, if anyone wants to know, it takes between 4 and 5 oz of yarn in the chinelle... I think that's just about 1 skein :think (I used parts of two partial skeins, so I'm not sure and the lable only gave me yardage...)

I spent a lot of time looking for a 'not a beanie' pattern back in September or October. When I went looking again earlier this week, I found about 5 or 6 brimed hats that weren't beanies or fold-up brims like ski caps pretty quick. :shrug

It is very warm and fairly windproof too. It keeps my ears nice and warm since it rests right over the tops of them.

Archived