Stained Glass Window Afghan Cal????

MsSunflwr

I started this afghan, but I'm using an L Tunisian hook. You can see it on my Yahoo.360 blog. I only chained 21, so my strip is 6.25" wide. I plan to make each strip about 58" long. The edging should take care of the curl.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent the entire weekend crocheting. I spent all day on this one and yesterday I worked on another CAL. Panel #4 is almost done.

Just a quick question. For those of you using different weights of yarn, how are you making sure the panels are the same length? I'm working with two different types of yarn and am having some difficulty with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just a quick question. For those of you using different weights of yarn, how are you making sure the panels are the same length? I'm working with two different types of yarn and am having some difficulty with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Also, try changing the size of your hook for the different weights of yarn...

Thanks

I didn't have a problem with this, I just made sure to use the same number of rows for each panel. When joining, I secured it with safety pins before sewing to stay on track.

LauriE-We'd love to see a photo. :yes

I have my 4th panel done and attached. It's funny how different this one looks than my last one. I've started the 5th panel and more than half way done. I'm using hdc on the border of the panels and I personally prefer it. Here's how it looks so far.

Susan.jpg

Donna - your's looks great! Even though the colors are darker, it still has that stained glass look.

Here's the photo of mine. I started panel 5 today.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/lmse/Crochet/DSCF0070-adj.jpg

Thank you. Even my daughter is beginning to like it. At first she wasn't sure how it was going to look. Now she likes it very much. Good thing, too. She doesn't know it yet but it's her Christmas present. :hook

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!! :manyheart

That looks amazing LauriE! I really like the way it looks so far? How many panels are you planning to do?

I've set my crocheting aside for the last few days, but after looking at your work, I'm about ready to pick up the hook again and finish my last two panels. It's already sold to a co-worker who saw my first one.

I put it on my bed and estimated that 8 panels will do it. I'm really amazed I haven't hit the "middle of the project boredom" with this afghan.

I know what you mean LauriE...it just works up fairly quickly and it's cool to see it come together piece by piece...all the colors seem to compliment each other.

I got about 3 relaxing hours of crocheting in this evening, started panel #6 and used up 3 balls of yarn. This is the first time I've picked up the hook all week! :2eek I had anticipated having this done by now. Me and my fiance are going to Atlanta for the weekend, so you know I'll be crocheting for the 1 1/2 hour drive (and hopefully on the way back too).

Having to decide which color to do next, making sure the color wasn't too close to itself in the previous row, etc, was slowing me down so I took the time after I started the 2nd panel to draw the color plan on paper first. Now when I need to change colors, all I have to do is look at the chart.

I'm sure your area is getting hit with this arctic blast as well. Last night I had it over my legs when I was sewing in the ends. I was just so comfy under it.

My husband asked me to make him an afghan and the only requirement from him was that it be 7 feet, yes that's right 7 feet long. I had a lot of yarn left overs from other projects and thought this would be a great way to use up most of it by making this blanket. It is no longer an afghan in my mind. All the crocheting of the blanket is completed now. I made 7 panels and I put the panels together a bit differently from how the pattern said to. Then I put a simple border around it all. First round is sc and then the last round is hdc.

Each panel measures 9 inches wide by 7 feet long.

Since this "monster" is so big and heavy, I really didn't think that I would actually weave all the ends in. This weekend here in Florida it is extremely cold. Well for me anyways. When I woke up this morning, it was 32 degrees. Not often during the winter do we see freezing temps. Anyways, I'll be weaving a lot more ends in over the weekend, while the blanket keeps me warm.

I'm bad about weaving ends in. I made my husband a flag afghan a few years ago, and to this day, I still do not have all the ends woven in.

Now for me to figure out how to post pictures here and I will gladly share some of his "monster".

Archived