Stained Glass Window Afghan Cal????

MsSunflwr

Jessica -- the one I made is approximately 54" x 72" (top of a double bed) and each square is 10 rows high. I started with full skeins of about 15 different colors. After completing this afghan, each skein is now about a half skein.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've completed seven strips now on my second afghan, now all I have to do is the edging on them and crochet them together. It may be the weekend before I get any crochet time again, but hopefully I'll be able to work in some time this to work on it.

Candy

Welcome any newcomers!

Wow! It's been a minute since I posted (or worked on ANY crochet project):no . I will have 3 people over on Saturday to learn to crochet and we are planning on making an easy crochet purse (felted). I printed each of them the Lionbrand "How to Crochet" section, it has lots of really good illustrations.

I did actually start on my pants I said I was going to sew before starting another afghan, I got nearly done and broke my needle on a straight pin. I'm gonna try to finish them up tonight. And I never got to see the venue for our possible wedding as my fiance got sick with the same thing I had.

Keep posting your photos, I love looking at everyone's beautiful work! :clap

wow! youz guyz are AMAZING....i've been very tempted to join...but i've been on a strict yarn diet lately (must save money for college junk) and i lack scraps....i have about 4 skeins of yarn at the moment (lucky for me i have a beautiful friend who also crochets and avoids yarn diets at all cost) . but i'm curious to know if my using so many different yarns would affect the pattern. help anyone?

with love,

moi!

wow! youz guyz are AMAZING....i've been very tempted to join...but i've been on a strict yarn diet lately (must save money for college junk) and i lack scraps....i have about 4 skeins of yarn at the moment (lucky for me i have a beautiful friend who also crochets and avoids yarn diets at all cost) . but i'm curious to know if my using so many different yarns would affect the pattern. help anyone?

with love,

moi!

It affected my afghans, but in a positive way in my opinion. I used different yarns in different textures/weights. Once I put my border around the panel and attached it, I was pleased with the results. The irregularity wasn't enough to affect the main scheme. I think my last photos was on page 24 or so for a look at it.

janecrochetprojects

Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to post a picture of my first section. What I see is a red x on the page. :think If is doesn't post the link is here-

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s85/janecrochetprojects/

My afghan will be a combination of mostly simply soft and redheart yarns. I have a lot of the simply soft left over, a lot of blues and purples to use up. I'm pretty slow at crocheting and have a lot going on right now, so I will take a long time to finish this project. I think it will be worth it. Jane

I've finally completed ONE panel! HAZZAH!:cheer unfortunately my pile of things to do has stacked up so i wont have much more done for quite some time:( but i plan to finish before april (it's going to be a gift for my daddy's birth day!)

I have 5 strips done on my variation of the SG afghan. I did mine in single crochet. Each strip is 200 rows long. I've put a photo on my blog. Also a photo of a granny square afghan I recently finished. The squares were made over a period of years. And then spent more years patiently waiting to be connected. I may make some more and make it bigger.

My blog: http://journals.aol.com/almh34/crochet---knit---spin/

Thanks for the nice compliments! My left thumb/wrist has been painful lately, so I'm holding off a bit on working on it. But (sighi) I can't just quit crocheting can I? Got the ends worked in on one strip last night. Four more to go and then crochet around and connect them. I love this pattern. It's such a great way to use up scrap yarn! I should have been counting balls of yarn used for the stash busting weekly count. :-)

my second strip is almost long enough!! hope to get it long enough to start edging tonight...

ooooo and on a great note my grad student sent me an email.... shes not back from spring break yet, which means i don't have to go to the lab tomorrow and I can crochet from morning to night!!!

I"ll post a picuterlater

Archived