problems with using thread

squish_52

I dont know if this is just me or not. When I use thread it tends to roll up on itself and tangle, is this normal or is there a way to correct this problem? It doesn't really hinder my crocheting it's just annoying so please if you have some ideas share them. Thank you! :manyheart

Squish: Try putting your roll of thread on a holder of sorts. I personally use a small basket, or even sometimes an upright wooden paper towel holder. I just slide the roll on and get going. It's usually just enough to keep the tension up so it doesn't tangle. HTH!!

Squish: Try putting your roll of thread on a holder of sorts. I personally use a small basket, or even sometimes an upright wooden paper towel holder. I just slide the roll on and get going. It's usually just enough to keep the tension up so it doesn't tangle. HTH!!

:hook I use a paper towel holder too! LOL and it works great !

I bought a toilet paper holder at the dollar store and mounted it on a block of wood - this works GREAT!

With all of these, and any ideas you might come up with, the trick is to keep the thread unwinding around the ball instead of coming over the top.

I use the spindle from a bunch of cd's that I bought for the computer. After I had used all the cd's I had this spindle left over. It has saved a lot of annoying momments. The only thread I find that it doesn't help much with is the kind with a metallic thread in it as well. They wind the metallic around the cotton when they make it and it tends to twist no matter what I do.

Carol

Archived