Hat book - Get your crochet on (hip hats & cool caps)

Girl Kris

I started the vizor today, but i've only done about 3 inches of it so far...i keep having to take calls (that's what i get for crocheting at work). i'm sure i'll have it done by the weekend, and maybe one other hat too...i just haven't decided which is next...

• 3 weeks later...

I found this at Barnes and Noble last night and WOW--finally some really great hat patterns. They have a couple that are EXACTLY what my husband has been looking for. I haven't started any of the hats yet, but just from reading through, I'm really impressed.

Since you've made some of the hats already, can I ask a question? When she say to start your next round in the 1st stitch from hook, does that mean to do your first stitch where you slip stitched to join the rounds? And when it's in the 2nd stitch, then it's the next stitch to the left of the slip stitch? I wish the diagram had been a little bigger. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I checked this one out at the library, and I love the patterns in it! There are a couple I want to make for myself, and a couple more I can see making for friends.

Question to those that have seen the book -- the first pattern 'Mellow Moods' -- what kind of yarn does it use? I've looked and looked and no where in the pattern does it say what weight yarn they used for the hat. They mention at the beginning of the directions that it's worked with 2 strands of yarn, but two strands of what?? It's the only pattern that doesn't mention yarn weight (I checked all the other patterns) and it's frustrating, because that was the first pattern I wanted to do for myself. Even bought some DK weight wool yarn in almost the exact shade of green.

Is there an errata web page for the book?

I recently borrowed that book from the library and did one of the hats in it. I didn't like how the pattern was written out, but I do like the book and intend to add it to my collection soon.

Here's the hat I did if you want to look: "Soldier" Cap.

Gotta love hats! :garden And this book has quite a variety.

Disney fan.....The 1st stich from the hook is directly under the hook ...there is a pic of this at the beginning of the book....

Libary Cat....I made the Mellow Moods hat w/ just ww yarn It turned out nice

when I remember my password to flicks I will post pics :think

Libary Cat....I made the Mellow Moods hat w/ just ww yarn It turned out nice

when I remember my password to flicks I will post pics :think

Did you do it single strand or double like the pattern said?

I just got this from the library and I really like a lot of the hats in it. I made the Be Easy and found one error--on round 9 it says to repeat from * but there is no first *--looks like an error in editing. It was pretty easy to figure out what to do though, and the hat is very cute!

In my library copy there is no list of what yarn is needed for the Mellow Moods.

According to her bio, her website is www.getyourcrocheton.com I think I'll check it out and see if there is any more information.

This is a book I would like to buy someday!

According to her bio, her website is www.getyourcrocheton.com I think I'll check it out and see if there is any more information.

This is a book I would like to buy someday!

Thanks for the info. She did post it on her website, and it uses ww yarn for the pattern. Hmmm, wonder if three strands of DK will work in the place of 2 strands of ww. I guess I'll just have to swatch it to find out.

I went to the website and checked out the corrections page. There are a few there, but not for the hat that I made, so I emailed her at the address on the page. I received a nice email back thanking me. I really appreciated that!

Archived