Size 4.5mm between G & H

Tampa Doll

Ok, I am not sure if this is where this should go, but I am desperate.

I am looking for the 4.5 mm hook. It is between the G & H hook. I had to buy a clover hook, but I don't like it. It is to short. I hold my hook like a pencil, so the end of the hook sits right between my thumb and fist finger in the soft part. Very anoying and after a while it hurts.

So can someone tell me where I can get this hook, in anyother brand that is longer? Oh yeah the clover is 5 inches long. So at least 1 inch longer or more.:hook

I just found out about those myself! I think Susan Bates makes one, but not sure. This is confusing since there's also the size 7 steel hook for thread crochet. Just when I thought I understood this!

The Susan Bates 4.5 mm hook is only 5 inches also. I have an AERO vintage 4.5 MM hook that is about 5 1/2 inches and a 9" Phildar (made in France) hook and am looking to see what else I might have. If you would like to try either or both let me know and we'll work something out ... :yes

I want to thank everyone for all their help. Never thought it would be hard to find a hook that is comfortable.

I have finally found one and I am waiting now with a smile on my face.:hook

I am happy you found your hook. I have at least 4 4.5 mm hooks. When I started crocheting almost 30 years ago that was the standard English(UK) size that was available for yarn and yarn patterns.

Archived