Crochet Partners? What happened?

RachelG

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me what happened to http://www.crochetpartners.org ? It seems to be down. I went and dug in my Trash box for a semi-recent CP-digest (yes, I get them, but I rarely have time to read them) and skimmed through it enough to know some changes are going on...but I don't know what they are.

I figured someone here knows. ;) Is there a new site? Are the patterns still available? Thanks!

Rachel - the group has changed to a yahoo group as the last post said. If you follow the mailman link from an old digest you can still get into old archives. What I don't know (I too fell behind, and never read December) is what happened to the rest of the site - patterns exchanges blog lists etc. I haven't seen anything about those things on the Yahoo group yet.

The list has gone to yahoo, instead of private management, but my understanding is that the website would still be available. There may be some glitches that will get ironed out due to the switch to Yahoo for the CPList, but I haven't read anything about them doing away with the site - quite the opposite, as it happens.

Here is a quote from Jean L. about the move "The website and all that is on it will remain the same."

If you keep digests, check out CPlist Digest, Vol 10, Issue 43. (Thank goodness for Gmail search functions!)

If you keep digests, check out CPlist Digest, Vol 10, Issue 43. (Thank goodness for Gmail search functions!)

I made the mistake of deleting my Trash this morning. That's ok. I appreciate the update about the website! :yes

I was just reading some of the posts on the CP site. I do like the format with Yahoo.

They said that the old site is down for a few days, but should be up and running again soon. From what I understand, only the list moved. The rest of it should be at the old address again soon.

I've been a member of Crochet Partners for several months now and I was not too happy when we moved to Yahoo. But it has been great! I now think it is a wise move and I love being able to share photos of our work.

:yes

Archived