Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lady, I agree with Aussie. You should enjoy some of your time at home, as long as you are still looking for a new job. What I do when I'm "feeling guilty" is I work around the house for 45 minutes, then reward myself with 15 minutes of crocheting. I *do* set a timer, and I get a ton of work done, and crocheting, and I don't feel guilty. No one would deny you that relaxation after putting in 45 minutes of housework or job hunting, whatever it is!

Haven't had much energy today... finished that last square, laid it all out on my floor, and there it STILL sits. I have to go and make some more wedges now... I hope! LOL!

I'm glad so many of you are going to be around for awhile. I'm still waiting for the book, but I have all my yarn. I found two shades of blue: Caron Sky Blue and RH Periwinkle, Caron Country Basket which is shaded blue and cream with a little khaki, and a RH Egshell in my stash. I bought a pale yellow to take the place of the Navy Blue in the original pattern. So the afghan will be all pastels. I'm hoping the yellow will give it a little punch. I still hope to get started by the weekend. Marci

I just posted about this afghan in the Starghan CL:eek I got my first 9 patches and the first edging around them started last night. :clap I frogged the 9parch adition a couple of times, then used the wrong color for the edging, Ripped it out a couple of times as well. :angry I was just to tired and not paying attention to what I was doing I think.

Will take picture and post soon.

I just posted about this afghan in the Starghan CL:eek I got my first 9 patches and the first edging around them started last night. :clap I frogged the 9parch adition a couple of times, then used the wrong color for the edging, Ripped it out a couple of times as well. :angry I was just to tired and not paying attention to what I was doing I think.

Will take picture and post soon.

I've only attached one 9 patch so far...and I did have to frog it several times at different points because I wasn't paying close enough attention:P It's a deceptively easy pattern...with land mines along the way.

Wendy, I'm finishing a charity ghan (putting it together) then back to the little squares!

Evening Ladys,

I am working on a layette for my friend, and have been real busy at work. Went up to Marlboro yesterday and took a look at the car I want oh sooo badly. It goes for sale at the auction tomorrow. Thankfully my husband is just as in love with the car as I am. Chances are it will be mine by tomorrow afternoon. And I will be drivng it home on Friday. I am a car buff, and understand that most of you don't look at cars the same way that I do.

Wendy~ yes I plan to do this ghan again, and hopefully, some of you will still me around when I get the chance to.

hi everyone...i have been soooooooooo missing in action lately--long story and someone told me about this CAL...........i can't read 109 pages so would someone update me on where everyone is? i would love to make this ghan if i can find the pattern

sara

Sara, welcome! We're all over the place here. Some, like Tracey, are finished. Wendy is just about finished...and I'm sitting there just past the starting gate (I had other things to work on and finish).

There are also ladies who want to do this pattern again (masochists!:D ) using different colors...so this CAL will be here 4 ever!:hook

What colors will you be using?

I'm still admiring my single 9 patch and how pretty it looks attached to the star:P

I will post a photo on my blog of this ghan I'm bordering (working as I write this...I need toes to type so I don't stop crocheting). Whoever gets this at the rehab hospital had better be wearing sunglases!!:hook

Sara - I got my book at the library. Have to renew it again tomorrow, it's been 6 weeks already! :eek

Well, it did take me a week to decide to make it, then I had those 2 weeks of downtime waiting for teh country blue. I just bought another country blue yesterday, as I know I won't make it to the end with what I've got.

Call me a serious masochist, but I thought that in my border, I'd do several rows of granny stitch in the dark blue, then I'd have one row of alternating colors small grannies all around the blanket, then some more rounds of granny stitch in blue. I figured the squares in the 9-patches drove me crazy, that border would drive me to drink...

But I just can't think of something else that would be as pretty...

I've only attached one 9 patch so far...and I did have to frog it several times at different points because I wasn't paying close enough attention:P It's a deceptively easy pattern...with land mines along the way

Yep.. Got to pay attention I found out.

Krystal...when you won't be happy making a pattern that isn't all you want to be - then you have to do it the way your heart is telling you!

Go for it!:clap

Archived