Tunisian Crochet Hat Pattern

crochetkim

After teaching the short row technique in one of my online classes, I was asked whether I could design a hat using short rows. I have just posted the hat pattern here:

http://www.crochetkim.com/patterns/ribbedhat.html

In addition, I've posted the transcript for the Tunisian Shaping class in my blog, along the left side in the links. Also, in my blog is my current class schedule for online classes. I'll be updating it in the next 30 minutes with the classes for the new year.

Enjoy!

That is a gorgeous hat! I have no idea at all about the stitches used in it, unfortuneately. Does it use a special hook?

Yes, you use a longish crochet hook, with a knob on the end. Most of them look like a knitting needle with a hook instead of a point. It's a very easy technique to learn. You can either join one of my online classes or read through the transcripts from the prior classes. Both are available through my blog. :)

Argh,,just mu luck! I will have to find out where,,,if,,,I can get one of those hooks here. Last week. I tried asking for knitting needles,,,and so far,,,hadn't found a shop that sells them.

Thank you to all! I'm glad you like the design. I'm happy that this hat works equally well for women and men since it's a bit harder to find things that work for men. And, my husband likes it because he immediately snatched it up and wore it when he left yesterday after visiting with Christian. :hook

Archived