Have you seen this?

siminsc

I saw it on amazon.com, I think it was. Somewhere that had reviews. And it got bad ones - you have to put it together yourself and apparently, it falls apart easily.

I thought it looked really cool, too, so I was dissapointed at the bad reviews.

my mil bought me one several years back and it stunk. the top kept lifting off because the yarn would get caught and the top edges of the plastic, split after having to put the lid on several times. mine was made of a "corrugated" plastic (not sure if the one you linked is but it looks the same). imo, its definitely not worth getting and i would not recommend buying it but the one from collections seems alot nicer and its half the price!

I plan on getting the one from Collections but meantime I ordered this one:

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/productID/639fa34b-3d19-4b73-bfc7-ead1ac374717

I'm glad I posted about the plastic one. I won't bother ordering one of those. Does't sound like it works very good.

Right now I'm working on a crocheted bag with divided sections inside to keep balls of yarn separate. I'm tired of having yarn get tangled while I work on projects. I always have several projects going on at the same time and switching between them. I've completed the bottem, the dividing sections inside and I'm on the third round of the outside. I haven't decided how I'm going to do the top yet.

• 2 weeks later...
There's a thread ("Yarn Organizer Bag/Tote") in "Crochet Hooks and Gadgets" where a yarn organizer is discussed and given good reviews. Click the following link:

http://collectionsetc.com/Item71168.aspx

I have a bag that is very similar to this bag. It was at the rag shop, michaels, and ac moore for $19.99 regular price. I waited for the 50% off. Now my bag is bigger, from what I can see, but no other physical differences. It is absolutely fantastic. The yarn pulls through with ease and I was even able to put two medium sized skeins in one compartment to work with them for double stranded work. The spaces are pretty ample. The biggest skein was a one pounder from CARON. The 1-pounder is enormous and I could not believe that it fit nicely in the compartment.

I prefer it to a hard tote for easy storage. When it was empty (only for a short while) it lay nice and flat. I keep some lite-weight reference books, leaflets, hooks and needles and an idea book in it. Bottom line is I love it. Oh, the opposite side does not have compartments so your WIPs can be put in there if you ever have to put them down and tend to some none crochet related foolishness.:manyheart

I bought one of these and am unimpressed. The dividers fall apart almost daily and the yarn gets caught on the notches when you pull on it. I actually got mine on clearance from a LYS for $10. I am glad that I didn't pay more for it. I would recommend looking around at some other options. Just my :2c .

My mom had one and she ended up throwing it away. It does tend to fall apart easily. I tried to help her to find a way to get it to stay together...but that's practically impossible.

I have seen that it does get bad reviews....it's basically a good idea, just poor construction.

I have this knitter's tote that I got from Michael's and I love it!

General Tote

I used the 50% off coupon that comes in Sunday's paper and got a great deal on it! It's a very sturdy bag and I have no complaints about it at all. It was money well-spent. :hook

Archived