First Time Beader.........Help!!!!

bkisela

:think I am looking a at a bead pattern for a doily and have never done anything with beads before. My question is this, when they say thread beads on white cotton do they mean thread all the beads they told me to buy? The beads are all the same kind and color.

Needles is absolutely right, thread them all. I do beaded items and unless they give you an exact number just keep threading them before you start. If I'm working on a pattern that tells me how many to thread I always add a couple extra beads in case of a misprint. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Just a little hint to help you thread all those little buggers. I find it's easier to spread the beads out on some sort of cloth (so they don't skitter away), and then poke the end of your beading needle in the hole of the bead. This will (should) make the bead jump onto the needle. I usually do between 3 to 6 of the beads on the needle before I sweep them down onto the thread. I find it easier than picking up each teeny bead and putting it on the needle.

Put a good movie in the DVD player and have at it! :)

Joan

Archived