Needing step by step instructions...

Guest stormync23

Question

Guest stormync23

for an easy beginner's hat! I am wanting to try a beannie type hat or any that is easy. I really need a detailed set of instructions because I am not that great at rounds yet!

9 answers to this question

Guest SamplerLady

I think starting out learning to do rounds is a great start for a hat. Once that's mastered you'll have no difficulty following patterns for them. You'll need to know how to join with a slip stitch (sl st) and how to increase and decrease. Stitch Guide is a great place to learn how to do things as they have videos!

Becky

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people

canchange the world: indeed it's the only thing that ever has!

- Margaret Meade

My first hat was this bucket hat, which calls for Homespun yarn. I really liked the pattern and it was rather simple, using sc and dc. I used Red Heart Casual Cot'n and the size was about right for a 4 year old, so I'd recommend using a light colored Homespun, which should give you a more adult size.

I have a hat pattern that I designed my self.. Its easy to use and everyone loves the hats.. I have made up a bunch of them and have given them to the social services for the needy kids.. I could email you a copy of the pattern if you want to make it?

my email addy: elrodhouse@yahoo.com

Cathey

Archived