a tank top pattern?

Guest stormync23

Question

Guest stormync23

I am wanting a pattern for a simple tank top with spaghetti straps, does anyone have any idea where I could find this?

22 answers to this question

Guest stormync23

Darn, well I think I am going to try the halter and then see if I could make up a pattern.

I bought that issue of Magic Crochet at a grocery store (can't remember which one), but I also saw it at Books-A-Million. You could try looking in other bookstores, craft stores, and eBay, too.

Guest aprilmoonflower

oh that crochet magic top is sooo cute! I am definitly going to add that to my ever growing project list! woohoo! I would love to see pics if anyone else makes it too!:bigsmile

btw where can you buy the Crochet Magic magazine?

Phildar Camargue yarn. I couldn't find much about it online. Beehive Wool has it listed, but no photos.

I did find a little info in an old message on the knitswap Yahoo Group: Camargue: 61% cotton/39% acrylic; handwash; 50 gr = 95 m; 5 st/in.

Here's exactly what it said in the pattern: "Knitting yarn in color of your choice suitable for work with steel crochet US size 2 hook, 150 gms/about 5 1/2 ozs. We used Phildar knitting yarn, Camargue quality: three balls in Olive color and steel crochet hook US size 2 (2.5 mm) or size for gauge."

:woohoo I found the magazine! It's Magic Crochet, June 2004 (Number 150). The tank pattern is called California and it is on page 28. It's short (belly-baring) and it's loopy at the bottom, but you could easily make it longer and omit the loopy stuff, making it plain all the way down, if you wanted. It calls for any yarn suitable for a steel size 2 crochet hook; they used three balls of Phildar Camargue yarn in Olive color.

How 'bout crocheting a 'scarf' that fits you in with wise from top to hips or waist....and long enough to go around the middle....then attached chained spaghetti straps?

I think I may just try that idea myself!

How 'bout it....another crochet along?

I saw exactly that... a simple spaghetti strap tank... in a magazine at Books-A-Million last week. I don't remember which one it was. The tank was light green. I didn't buy the mag and when I went back again a couple of days later, I couldn't find it! :bang

Yes, make sure ezCodes is selected, but you also have to click the "link" button to the left. Then a little window will pop up where you can paste the link and click OK. Oh, okay, I just saw your P.S... Yes, that would be even easier, to check the Convert URL Link box... then you wouldn't have to click the link button.

In the latest Crochet! magazine there's a pattern for a tank top using LB Microspun. I'm not sure I like the stitch used, but taking the basic shaping, you might could create a pattern from it.

Guest stormync23

No, i just thought I might like a new tank top, but I think I may check out some ebay later I did find a cool simple halter pattern on about .com I am thinking about a rainbow yarn that I have.... I will post it later if I make it.

Archived