looking for bobbie bear pattern?

woolandflax

Question

I need a pattern for a teddy bear, I saw the bobbie bear shown in interweave knits made up in blue sky alpaca but I can't find the pattern! Does anyone know where I could find it or something similar? It's for a friend having a baby. :knit

10 answers to this question

I absolutely fell in love with Bobbi Bear when I saw him in the mag! (It was an ad for Blue Sky Alpacas for those that haven't seen it.) The Bobbi Bear pattern is by Blue Sky Alpacas. If you have an LYS, it might be available there. Online stores carry it, too. One of my favorite :)h online stores, Jimmy Beans Wool has the pattern here. It's just $4.00! :fluffy But the kit with the yarn is $69.95 to $97.65. :wha I think I'm gonna have to find a yarn to substitute. :lol I was really surprised to find that this little guy is actually two feet tall!

I really appreciate that. I think I too will have to sub the yarn if it costs that much. WOW!! 2 feet tall? That will be an awesome addition to a baby nursery. I just might have to make one for my kids too. Hmmm... I wonder what kind of yarn I should substitute. :knit

I'm going to use Red Heart Grande. It's a super bulky weight and should come close to the gauge given for the alpaca. The country blue color will be perfect. I can't wait to see my friend's face when she opens that gift!!!:yay2

Okay. I just wasn't sure you realized that the bear was knitted. As for converting from knit to crochet, this bear wouldn't be a good candidate, IMO. If you check to supplies, you will see that a size 17 needle is used. That would, minimally, be a P hook. Crochet with such a large hook doesn't make as tight a fabric as knit does. If you drop down a couple of sizes in the hook, the bear will be considerably smaller.

I'm a much better knitter than I am a crocheter. I wouldn't convert this pattern. I've made knit bears and crochet bears. There's a big difference in texture.

Archived