Mistakes? HELP!

squish_52

I'm working on a doily and i'm in about 13 or 14 rounds...using a chart so not really sure how many rounds it is, i just go by the picture. And I found that I made a mistake on about round 9...You can't tell unless you look really close, but it does affect the round I'm on now...should I frog it even though I am able to fix it or should I just continue?? This is the first time I've made a mistake I could ignore if I wanted to...but i'm not sure that i want to...any suggestions?? help please:think

If it were me, these would be my choices: If I am making the doily to give away and I was absolutely sure that I could fix it without frogging and that nobody else would ever notice AND I wouldn't be seeing this doily on a daily basis, then I might choose to do that. But if the doily was going to be for me I would have to rip it out and do it over again. I couldn't stand looking at it every day and be reminded that I didn't do it perfectly.

This was going to go into my hope chest, accourding to the pattern it will be 21.5 inches in diameter so thats a pretty big something to try to ignore! maybe I will frog...I dont know!! errr

If you're the only one who can see the mistake and even then, you really have to look hard for it, then it's fine to leave it. If someone else finds it right away, or you can find it yourself pretty quickly, you might want to frog. You might just ask someone, maybe point them to the general area where the mistake is located, and see if they can find it. If they can't, show them and see if they can see it. Sometimes people can't even see it even if you tell them where it is.

Last time I made a mistake like this, my sister couldn't find it, and after she gave up, I even had trouble locating it myself! I finally found it, but sis still couldn't see it. I left it in, and can almost guarantee no one will ever find it. I made another mistake later on, but realized it pretty quickly, and it was visible, so I frogged that round.

It's a hard decision to make, I know. :blink

This is a dilemna. But, if it is for your hope chest, I would frog to the mistake and redo. It is a pain, but I would be compelled to correct it. And since it is a big project, it really does need to be as perfect as you can make it. But, of course, that is just my little one person's opinion! Good luck!

I would frog. Sometimes I make a mistake fairly early in a piece, and think "oh, I've spent SO MUCH TIME on this, I can't possibly frog it..." Then when I'm toward the end, I look at that mistake and think--"what was I thinking? I'd barely put any time into it at that point... why didn't I fix it?"

If you go back and fix it, you'll never have regrets. You might while you're reworking rows 9-14, but you won't remember that long.

I agree with Wendy79 if the mistake affects the round you are on then it could affect others as you go. I have done this so many times it's terrible to have to do but I frog it anyway.

Darlene

funny thing, I frogged it, fixed the original problem...then several rounds later realized i made the same mistake on the same round, but in a different place! i didn't frog but I "fixed" it...It looks good and it takes awhile for me to find the mistake...This is a new pattern for me and boy is it a booger! but I think it'll turn out OK...but several rounds later discovered yet another problem, but that one too is one that i can ignore and you can hardly tell...I dont see it when i casually glance at it, but this is one piece i probably wont enter in the fair! :) good times this thread stuff, oh well back to work I go...thanks for the opinions, it helped alot

that was why the mistake was a problem, it was 3dc on one round then increased to 4 and stayed at 4 for several other rounds, on the second round of 4 i noticed it, and increased accourdingly to "fix" the counting problem. I'm almost done with it and I think it looks good. People who have seen me working on it thinks it looks awesome so i'm not really complaining any more :) I'm almost done with this doily. I have about 4 rounds left, I'll be sure to post pictures when i'm finished :) thanks for the advice everyone

Archived