Scarf with Pockets

Kathleen

Question

I know this would be easy to make up a pattern, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a pattern out there for a scarf with pockets.

I'm not into being creative, though (I will if I can't find a pattern). My niece put in her Christmas order for one, so I told her I'd make one for her.

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Looky, looky I found two . Hope they help! Look on the Lion Brand site under the free crochet patterns. Go to the heading Crochet Accessories. Look at the pattern called Patriotic Pocket Scarf and then the one called Beret and Scarf Set. I could get the links to come up or I would have linked you to them, Sorry!

hi bagpipes, i have seen a pattern somewhere:thinking1 , i'll look for it and let you know if i find it. although my son today totally rearanged my craft room today for me for a suprise:faint so will be looking for many things to come for a while::eek2 , but his intention was good so what does one do!!!:lol have a great night. vicki

I have that lion brand pattern for the beret and pocket scarf. It's basically a looong rectangle. You simply fold up the ends and sew the sides together to make the pocket. Easy peasy.

The other way to make a pocket scarf would be to make the scarf, then make a square or U-shape in a contrasting color and sew or crochet it on as a patch pocket.

You can do it! I would make the base scarf at least 5 inches wide and at least 60 inches long (longer is better if you want to wrap around the neck too). If you plan to fold up the ends for pockets, add about 10-12 inches to the length of the scarf so you can make a pocket 5 or 6 inches deep on each end. Make sense?

:-) Bettina

hi amber, wasn't it sweet of him:)) , unfortunetly he also packed up all of my patterns including the one i am working on which is a sweater jacket for me niece. its really cute too, cocheted with a hood and lined with fabric, i am using dora the explorer. she :pump that cartoon. but now today after we get the desktop fixed:sweat , then he is going to have to unpack some of the patterns he put away for me as i can't lift anything heavy and he put it in big boxes:<> , so it should be an interesting night. i also agree about how i would do that. just make it longer and fold over the end for a pocket or make another small piece and sew it on. good luck with it, share when you are done:)h vicki:))

Archived