Aunt Lydia's?

MimiFL

I'm hoping to do a rose doily soon, and I bought Royale variegated pinks (Royale is pretty much the only thing I can find in stores now, that's not outrageously expensive). I have Royale white too (which is a bit stiff, compared to colors).

I've been looking for Royale Frosty Green, with no luck. It's not available locally, and I can't seem to find that color online either. However, Herrschner's sells Aunt Lydia's in Frosty Green. Do you think that would be similar enough to work with Royale? If so, I'll order some of that. I've never worked with Aunt Lydia's before. I'd love to try their white and see if it's less stiff than the Royale, but unfortunately, my local Joann's and Michael's only sell the huge 2700 yd balls... not a good size for 'trying out' the stuff...

This is for a Christmas present which will need to be mailed fairly early so I really need to find something soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Funny also...that I don't seem to find any more of any kind of thread in 400 yard balls...now they sell 350 yards..so you have to buy more.....pretty crafty those thread companies...

Archived