Pattern Please

Guest croe427

Question

Guest croe427

My son wants me to crochet a Diver Down flag. The finished product would be about 4 X 6. The Diver Down flag is red with a white stripe that goes diagonally from the top corner to the bottom corner of the longest side. Can anyone help?

14 answers to this question

I would recommend making a graph and working it in sc. If you work up a little gauge swatch of sc's (maybe 10 sc x 5 rows), you can get an idea of how many would make the size that you want. For example, you find out that you would need a row of 50 x 40 sc. If you mark graph paper accordingly, you can recreate the diver down flag on the graph and then start crocheting.

I hope this helps! :hug

Now see, if I were doing it and it wasn't for something really important, I'd take the easy way out. I'd crochet a solid red flag to size. Then duplicate stitch the white stripe on.

Guest SamplerLady

Here is a tutorial for the Diagonal Box Stitch. It's really easy once you get going and it's so nice cuz you work on it till it's as wide as you want it. Then a quick change of how you work it. Then you keep going till it's as long as you want it. Another variation and you keep going till it's finished. No foundation chain, no trying to figure out if it'll fit your bed, over a specific chair, etc. It can be made for a California King size bed or for a preemie without any fear of it being the wrong size!

Gee, can you tell it's one of my favorites? :))

Guest SamplerLady

Yeah, everyone once and awhile I get really tired of the cat attacking my basket of "little balls" so I start some kind of an afghan I can put down until I have more "little balls".

I started another one last night using an N hook and two strands of yarn. A quickie birthday present for my son. :))

Guest croe427

Thanks to all who gave me ideas.:clap . I printed the pattern and will take it to AZ and try it out this winter. Thanks again.

Archived