Looking for a child size shrug pattern

LanetteG

Question

or something I can modify(easily), I've already got plans to modify the sleeves to have a slight flare. I can read a pattern for the most part. I have found an adult one but have no idea how to down size it for a 5 year old. I found a beautiful burgundy dress for Christmas, but it's sleeveless and she'll need something, but a cardigan would cover too much up. Any ideas? :thinking2

Lanette

7 answers to this question

Measure her from wrist to wrist, arms outstretched. All you have to do is crochet a rectangle, that length. You can either make a chain that length. Or you can make a chain to the width you want. When you have a rectangle the length you need and the width you want, just seam the narrow ends for about 4 or 5 inches. You can then crochet a cuff around the narrow ends if you want.

I hope that's clear. I know exactly what I mean. I just hope you do. :lol

teri - that is fabulous! and pfirsh - thanks for the visual!!!

i plan to do one for my daughter for the upcoming nutcracker ballet - her dress is sleveless as well.

with the pattern being just a rectangle that the sleeves are folded from.... you could really use any stitch you like. couldn't you? a V stitch would be nice and fancy - not super warm, but i think it would look nice :danc :ducky

Archived