Annie - Nov. 5th pattern

librarycat513

I don't know about anyone else, but I fell into hysterical fits of laughter when I saw the deer stalker hat featured as today's free pattern. Probably because I used to devour Sherlock Holmes books like they were my last breath when I was younger. I'm so printing that pattern out when I get to work tomorrow.

Maybe I'll dress up as Holmes for Halloween next year. Not that the kids at the library will get it ... nor most of the adults, come to think of it.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

I made this hat last year in forest green RHSS and with a row of brick red single crochet outlining the whole hat then made the band around the hat in brick red. Looks great! But it's waaay tooo big! Gotta try it again with a smaller hook. It really is a cute hat when made up. I want to figure out how to make a child's size as i think my nephew would like it for a winter cap. Ear flap hats are in style with the little ones now. And if you missed it on Annies, it's a free pattern anyway. I forgot where it is though.

Angie

I used to devour Sherlock Holmes books like they were my last breath when I was younger. I'm so printing that pattern out when I get to work tomorrow.

I read every single one of them when I was a kid, too! I saved the pattern just for sentimental reasons, although I will probably never get around to making one. :)

Archived