Connecicut Crocheters

iSiSfae

I'm from the New Britain, CT area and I'm hoping to find other crocheters who are from the same area, as I don't know of any at all. :shrug

I'm trying to start up my own Stitch'n Bitch group.

Go to http://groups.google.com/group/stitchn-bitch-new-britain for more info.

I'm hoping to have a meeting sometime before Thanksgiving.

I looked up on your site and saw where the October meeting was down by Westfarms...That's only 1/2 hour away from me, going the backroads. Have you all set up a time for November yet?

There is a new Borders bookstore, coffee shop, in the Westfield Shoppingtown mall in Meriden that just opened . It would be nice to meet there.

Wendyb532

didn't know that existed!!! and i live only 15 minutes north from there! i stopped going to Meriden Square mall when they were building the new wing. parking became such a nightmare that we switched to westfarms and never looked back lol.

I'm thinking Thursday Nov. 9th as a more solid date for a group meet up. We can meet at the Borders in Meriden. Does that work for everyone?

I read your other post and you were having it in the westfarms border location. Is it still going to be there or meriden? If it is meriden I might be able to make it after all. Please let me know .

Wendyb532

i could move it to meriden. i haven't been to the borders there though. is it the old waldenbooks or a new location?

i chose the westfarms one b/c it's open later. i'll scope out the meriden location this weekend.

also, if you haven't already. join the SnB NB mailing list so i can keep you updated with happenings (a few of my members are on myspace)

I have a tentative date for the first official meeting of SnB New Britain

date: Thursday, November 9th (tentative)

time: 7pm

where: Borders Books and Music in Farmington, CT (near the Westfarms Mall-- also tentative it might be moved to Meriden)

what to bring: your hooks, needles, yarn, any books you might have, friends or family who wish to join us.

Please reply to this post or email me if you are interested in meeting up.

The date will only be finalized when I get an minimum of 5 people interested.

To join the SnB New Britain mailing list please go to

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ch-new-britain

Thanks and I hope to see you soon!

The new Border's in Meriden mall is across from Best Buy

's and next door to Dick's. It is quite large so it would be a good place to meet. I won't be at the Nov. 9th meeting. It would take me 20 to 30 min. from my house to the other Border's and I will be home later due to jury duty. If , however, I don't have Jury duty ( I hope!) then I will come.

Wendyb532

it'll be at the Borders near Westfarms... i have an appointment in West Hartford center at 5:30pm and probably won't be done until 6:30, and WHC is about 20 minutes from that Borders... so i can't move the location to Meriden. (sorry wendy! let's hope you'll be excused like i was.)

maybe we'll meet in Meriden in December, and we can all finish up our holiday presents at that meeting.

on that note, would you guys prefer weekly meetings or monthly meetings? i can do either. let me know

I think once a month would probably be all I could do right now, although my vote won't count if you move it to Meridan <g>.

Say, how are we all going to recognize each other? Is there a specific section of Borders where you want to sit? I'll probably show up with my black Lancome bag, as I want to do more work on my crocheted sweater...

true.. how are we going to recognize each other?? it's my first time planning something like this so i'm still working out the details.

well i have insanely curly hair... and i'm planning on using the cafe (if there's seats)

i'll probably have my stuff in blue and orange backpack, but that depends if i can find that bag.

i could print up a little table tent that reads "SnB New Britain" on it. but i figured if someone has their yarn out, they're probably with us.

i'm going to try to get there early to get a spot and start crocheting so you can at least spot me by my yarn. (i'll probably be working on a black mohair shawl)

as for meriden... i might have some meetings there, i might not. there's a lot of new haven area yarn addicts who want to join, so i might have a few meetings there just for them. and i have a new london area knitter who wants to join, so i was thinking in the summer we could have a field trip to mystic.

i'm still planning things out as i go along!

Well, I might be able to do the more far-flung locations sporadically...The winter will definitely be something of a deterrent, seeing as I hate to drive in the snow :lol . However, I originally come from the southeast part of the state, so Mystic might be a fun outing...

as for meriden... i might have some meetings there, i might not. there's a lot of new haven area yarn addicts who want to join, so i might have a few meetings there just for them. and i have a new london area knitter who wants to join, so i was thinking in the summer we could have a field trip to mystic.

i'm still planning things out as i go along!

I'm from the New Haven area and would come to a meeting in Meriden... West Farms is a bit far for me.

Joan

i'm in Berlin, the dead center of the state. i can go almost anywhere. plus my schedule tends to be flexible. but, when it comes to New Haven, the only thing i know is the Ikea! i'll try to have it in different locations each to suit everyone.

like for example, there's a panera bread in Newington on the Berlin Turnpike that seems great for small group meetings. and in Mystic i know of a good coffee shop w/ outdoor tables that a few of us could meet at during the summer. and in West Hartford Center there's a small coffeeshop that i have a feeling the owners won't mind having a few yarn addicts meeting up in. also, i have a coupon from borders to check out the new one in Meriden so i'll scope it out for the next meeting.

for updates and to post news join the mailing list/forum at

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/stitchn-bitch-new-britain

thanks to those who attended the meeting of SnB New Britain on Nov. 9th. it was great fun. and i can't wait to do it again

i'm planning a december excursion, hopefully during the middle of first week so we can avoid the crowds and bad weather. i'm also planning on having the meeting at the new Borders in Meriden or at the Panara Bread in Newington.

does anyone have any suggestions?

not a member of the mailing list? please join! the link can be found in my signature.

I vote for meeting in Meriden. If not at Borders, we also have a Panera Bread in Meriden on Rt. 5. Easy to find. Let me know , I can go to Newington if it is there.

Wendy

the panera bread in newington is on the 5-15. right near the wal-mart on the northbound side, it's not hard to find either. i haven't been on rt 5 in meriden in ages, but know how to get there.

but right now plans are still up in the air. i'm hoping for a wednesday during the first few weeks of december. one i get it figured out, i'll post the info

as soon as i get it figured out, i'll send out a mailing and post on here

it'll probably be in newington as it's more central than meriden for a few of the members (i have one from granby, another from bloomfield)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all

I've decided on a venue for the next SnB New Britain, CT meeting.

Borders in Meriden

at the Westfield Shopping Town

I haven't decided on a date as of yet. I'm thinking either

Wednesday, 12/6

or

Wednesday, 12/13

i can do either date. please let me know which one is most convenient... the date with the most votes wins!

thanks!

Archived