Ideas Please - Quilt Look-A-Like Afghan

truelove730

Question

Hello Everyone!

I have an aunt that does quilting and for her birthday I would like to make her an afghan that looks like a quilt. I found this pattern, Star Bright Afghan and like it but it is too much sc and I wanted somthing with more ...what is the word...just not so much sc. They are not my favorite stitch as just one stitch, prefer dc. So I thought I would see what you guys thought and if you found or knew of any others.

Thanks for your help and have a great day and weekend!

8 answers to this question

There are instructions for <a href="http://www.craftown.com/crochet/patchwork.htm" target="_new">Patchwork Crochet</a> that tell you how to crochet an afghan/quilt. I would suggest that you make the squares using dc instead of sc, since you said you don't like that idea.

Don't forget to check out <a href="http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com" target="_new">Crochet Pattern Central</a>.

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifI would think if one chooses to use dc instead of sc for Crochet Patchwork Quilting one would have double the length of the initial chain to compensate for the double size of the dc compaired to the sc. Otherwise the finished product would be rectangular instead of square.....

Here's a Log Cabin Square but it's sc, too. This Windmill Square is hdc. The Nine Patch is sc as is Roman Stripe and Zig Zag Square, Crossover Square, and Baby's Block... I think the idea is to imitate woven cloth so a tighter crochet stitch would be the way to do it.

I have the book of amish quilts. If you want I can copy and snail mail it to you. They are really pretty done in black back ground and colors. I think the book is from AA, not sure. Just let me know! I think I have another book of quilt crochet afgans I will check that too.

kelly v

Is it still a no-no if I am not selling but giving it away? I always thouhgt that was ok. If am I wrong I am sorry, didnt mean any harm. Its just that I know some people that cant afford the books. I have several aunts that are in fixed incomes and I always help them w/patterns. But I will make sure not to offer to copy any more :o

kelly V

Kelly,

It's okay. :hug2 I recommend checking out some of the links here to help you with some of the basics of copyright law as it applies to us crocheters.

Just to add, I'm not a lawyer so can't give you advice as to what these laws mean (but I did make my husband/lawyer-to-be explain some wording for me).

Archived