Please help...Need Direction

truelove730

Question

My mother has requested something and I am not having any luck finding a pattern or instructions. She would like some pillow cases with crocheted edging on the open ends. I know I will have to buy some pillow cases and punch holes in them and then do an edging of some sort, but I wondered if there were directions on how to do this correctly. Any help would be appriciated.

6 answers to this question

Glad I could help! I got my book out to have a look and see if I gave the right advice and actually the very first edging pattern is for a pillowcase. It does give the directions for the edging and then for the finishing it says to press edging lightly and sew it into place. A couple of ideas: Do the edging along the outside edge of the pillow case, but another idea also is to sew the edging further up onto the pillow case too.

I have tons of those pillowcases! That is what my grandmother makes me every year for Christmas, lol

She simply crochets a design, then sews it on the pillowcase, adding ribbon if needed.

There is a lovely pattern for a Heart Pillowcase Edging in the February 2005 issue of Crochet World. I received mine in the mail Saturday :)

Donna :artist

At walmart there is a book in the crochet section (ok at MY walmart) for adding edging to fleece blankets, Maybe you can find some insperation there? It is one of the smaller books so I'd guess its about 3 to 4 bucks

Archived