Where to find #3 thread?

JCB

I just took a wonderful class in Tapestry Crochet with Carol Ventura. She mostly uses #3 Crochet Thread in her designs. I'm having a hard time finding anything but white & ecru colors in the #3. In the class we used a Debbie Bliss thread, 80% cotton and 20% angora... gorgeous stuff and wonderful to work with, but kind of spendy, at least until I get a little better at this.

If you use this size thread, which brands are your favorites, and where can I find them?

Thanks!

Joan

I also took a class with Carol & we used #3 cotton thread:

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/crochet-thread-aunt-lydias-fashion-crochet-cotton.html

Have used this too, it comes #3 blends:

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/crochet-thread-dmc-senso.html

The Michael's here carries both, Walmart has a few colors of the Aunt Lydia's. According to my Coats & Clark thread book, the Aunt Lydia's is also called Coats & Clark Royale Fashion thread. Hope this helps.

:)Alosha

Coats & Clark Luster Sheen yarn is a size 3. There is also a perle or pearl cotton thread (that looks like embroidery thread) in small twisty skeins that comes in a size 3. I have a bunch of perle or pearl cotton in different colors in a size 3 I would be willing to sell.

Coats & Clark Speed-Cro-Sheen is a size 3 and comes in lots of colors, and the new Senso products from DMC (I think) or Coats are all size 3 and they have lots of blends, all cotton, cotton & linen, wool blend, etc. The Senso is becoming more easy to find -- I've seen it at Hobby Lobby and Joann's; Speed Cro Sheen might be a mail order thing. I made a purse from "fudge brown" Speed-Cro-Sheen back in the 70s and it still looks great. That stuff wears like iron.

Thanks for all your suggestions. My local Joann's and Michael's have a very poor selection of colors in the #3 thread, although I did get some black, red & ecru at Joann's today. I keep forgetting that Walmart sells yarn/thread.. I'm not a big fan of Walmart, but I'll definitely check it out.

I'd rather buy locally to avoid shipping costs, which can equal the cost of the thread.

Joan

Archived