not seeking but found!! Longer circle coat

woolandflax

Question

While I'm waiting for the amazing MommaChelle to finish her pattern I thought I'd look for something similar since I'm wanting to wear it for Valentine's Day. I found this one and purchased the pattern. Now while I'm waiting for it to get here, do any of you have a suggestion on what yarn I should use??? Right off the bat, I'm thinking Caron Simply Soft. What do ya'll think?? If I had it just like I wanted, it would be Paton's Katrina in Ice with Divine in Icicle in a border around the hem/collar and also on the sleeves, BUT I don't have that kind of money. :cry

~Rebecca

7 answers to this question

if you click on the link "crochet fantasy" and from there the link "Q-S" it will take you to a very small picture of the front of the jacket

my opinion? i think it's cute... but i also think that through chelle's pattern that i bought (and have made several times) you can come up with this more 'closed' back version very very easily. i'm not all that comfortable with changing up patterns....... but this is such an easy jacket to make, and once you make it following the pattern, you understand the concept. just saying: i'm glad i spent my money with someone here to support her yarn habit (and i received it through instant email transfer - can't beat that)

having said that:

rebecca, WOOHOO:woohoo that you are getting to do this by valentines.... have you thought about using LB imagine or jiffy??? they are fairly inexpensive and in my opinion would make this pattern BEAUTIFUL!!! what are you planning to use? you know... buying one cone of a pretty red chenille from memc on ebay for around $5 would certainly be enough for this jacket......

Oh my gosh Rebecca!!! Are you a mind reader???? :eek2 I just bought a cone of ruby chennille last night from memc!!!! I just wasn't sure I was gonna use it for that till it gets here and I can touch it. Now how did you know that?????? :rollin

But I've also got to think....my dress is lavender with pink and silver embroidery on it. I think I need something pale pink or white. Hmmm....maybe another cone of chennille?? :D! (edited here to say I did go back and get a cone of the pale pink as well! Now I need a ball-winder of my own!!:hee )

And for the record, I'm still waiting, although somewhat impatiently :blush for Chelle's pattern. I'm planning on making several of them actually! One in Bernat denimstyle, one in simply soft one in amore that I've already got the yarn for!! I had decided to make those instead of the car coat from the creative crochet mag.

So Chelle, I sure didn't mean that to sound like I ....well, it wasn't meant to be negative at all. I just wanted a pretty jacket for valentine's and didn't know when your pattern was gonna be ready in my size.

~Rebecca

Hmmm. When you see the large pic, it says "Crochet from...." But when you click on the crochet fantasy link and go to Q-S, the description says "Knit from...."

Are they confused. Or am I?

And Chelle, I'm still waiting on your pattern too! :D!

Archived