Poise capelet

Guest Shimacreama

Question

Guest Shimacreama

Hello to all.

OK here is my dilemma. I was surfing the web when I came across this beautiful capelet. I absolutely adore this capelet. The only problem was that it was to purchase. No pattern:( . So I went about my business praying that one day someone would make a pattern for this poise. I am far to new to crocheting to try to wing it. So instead of just praying and twiddling my thumbs I thought about you guys. From all the great work that I have seen here:D! , I am sure someone would be able to help me out.

Here is the link, OK I was trying to link this but just couldn't figure out how.

www.rosylittlethings.com/...elets.html

24 answers to this question

Guest Shimacreama

I did it! I made that capelet in Patons Up country in ice blue. I even made a hat to go with it. I love it! Absolutely love it!:)h I don't have a digital camera yet so I can't show you ladies the out come but I love it and it wasn't hard at all.

Thank you all for the help.

Shima

this capelet is so cute. I made my own version of it last night. I will post a picture of it on my blog this morning for you all to see it. I will be making more of these. My girls both want one.

marlo

marlo's crochet corner

www.marloscrochetcorner.com

that girl - blog

www.marloscrochetcorner.c....php?cat=1

*Unrepentant Hooker stumbles across her name*

Yes, I saw those capelets and said, "I can do that." I made something similar but not the same. I just eyeballed the one there and started making my own. It's not an exact match, nor did I want it to be. I don't know what stitches or method they used to construct their capelets.

I didn't write down any instructions. Basically, just played it by ear.

I used yarn I had around the house, Lion Brand Fun Fur and the thick chenille.

Chained an opening that fit comfortable over my shoulders, joined and started double crochet even spaced apart with chain st between. Next row crocheted the shell stitches evenly spaced around the opening. For the shells, I used triple crochet. For the open work, I used a double triple. Wrap the yarn around the hook four times, pull through each loop. I guess that's what it's called. Chain four between each double triple.

Hope that helps you enough to freestyle one of your own. Just wing it and frog whenever necessary until you get what you want.:yes

Guest Shimacreama

Well ladies,

here's an update on the quest for the capelet. I did contact the owner and she told me that she doesn't have a pattern on hand for the capelet. She works off or memory. If she does write it out for sale she will be sure to let me know.

boowhooo:(

Shima

Donna.. that is what i was thinking too .. I mean I would be upset if I made something really cute... then saw a pattern posted some where for it ... if some one where to see my work and want a pattern .. and ASKED me first .. then that wouldnt be a problem.. but the thing is I have the utmost respect for some one that came up with something so unique..

my suggestion would be to email her and ask if you could possibly purchase her pattern and tell her you dont intend to use it but for personal use.. which I am assuming is what you would want it for right ?

that is cute and i could make you a pattern the problem is .. are we infringing copyright if I do ..
Hmm... I am with Elizabeth on this one. Copyright is a fuzzy thing and I don't know what the law would be on this, but I know what my gut tells me... which is that, out of respect to the designer, I would prefer not to see a pattern posted here on Crochetville. :twocents

Yes, the one on Unrepentant Hooker is very similar.

Guest Shimacreama

Carmen - Trust me when I tell I was looking all over the place for something similar. I already have this pattern. lol I will do that one but I am still pursuing the poise capelet. If I can't find the one I'm in love with first I will do the other. I believe I saw the very exact capelet done by the unrepentant hooker (I hope thats OK to say if not please edit). My search will continue.

Shima

Wow that really is similar. Looks like the Posie one just has an extra dc in each Round 2 shell, omitted round 3, and only trebled in ever third stitch on rounds 4+? However, I have no experience what-so-ever to base my guess on, lol.

And the Posie one really is super cute.

Oh that's just the cutest thing ever! I have no clue how to design a pattern for it though. I might sit down and try to figure it out sometime soon though. It looks like a series of double trebles and chains done on a large hook. Maybe someone will know better though. If I get around to it and get anywhere I'll holler, but don't count on me lol!

Marvie

OMG - you have great taste!!! What a fantastic website - its now bookmarked as one of my favs! I've seen a few patterns for a similar capelet on ebay - by the stitchdiva. If I had to wing it - to me it looks like quad dcs v-stitches and looks like she might have used a q hook. Pretty pricey - maybe the yarn is specialty. Sorry, Im not that great at looking at a pic and figuring the pattern - I always need a pattern. Thanks for the link to the site! Good luck!

Archived