Comfortghan needed for a friend

Tiga

*JEAN IS DOING WELL, AND IS GETTING A PURSE FROM ME INSTEAD! THANK YOU TO ALL WHO OFFERED SQUARES!*

A good friend of mine, who is older, had to have emergency heart surgery this week. She's doing okay, but will be recovering for awhile, flat on her back. And she's not used to doing that. Even though she's in her 70s, she bowls regularly, is a gourmet cook and will not take to her couch lightly.

So I was wondering if we could do a comfortghan for her, to make her couch stay a little bit nicer?

No specific color preference - but she likes cream, brown and pink the most, but I'm thinking a scrap-ghan would be nice and cheerful, so really any colors but hunter orange and other neon-type colors would be okay. I've got lots of white or cream I can sew them together with, so anything that goes with white or cream will be okay.

I'd prefer acrylic, worsted weight, so it's washable and easy for her to care for (or, her husband, as she better not be doing any laundry any time soon), and to be 12" or 6" squares.

No specific patterns, either - just something ladylike and pretty. I have to finish my squares for the Amish families comfortghan, but when I start on Jean's, I'll probably do ones that have a flowery center or a circular center. But really, anything you'd like to do would be really appreciated.

I'm hoping to get at least enough squares for a lapghan. PM for my address if you'd like to help.

Thank you so much.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed no one has replied to this. If you are still making a lapghan I could whip up a regular 12" granny square or 2. I'm more of a beginner, so I don't know how to do the circles or flowers yet. :) Please pm me with the address to send it to.

• 2 weeks later...

tiga,

didnt forget about you, been busy planning 2 weddings and working full time, but will have time in the car this weekend so i will send out some squares for you! how cant we make this post more acitve so you will get more squares?

I'm sorry, I lost this post for a few days - but Jean is doing very well now, and I'm sending her a purse, b/c she's DRIVING! I'll edit the title.

Cbear - I posted a need for another comfortghan (three actually) for the disabled children of some close friends of mine, so your squares can go for that, if you like.

I'm so sorry I didn't edit this title earlier!

Archived