Seeking Ideas/Patterns

kariholtz

Question

My Best Friend finally -after almost two years of living with relatives/ and dinky travel trailers (and having their stuff in storage)has gotten a house. She says it is a small house but a house nonetheless.

I obviously wish to make her something but want some ideas... the only things I can think of are dishclothes and kitchen things.

So what's your favorite "household" item to make and gift?

9 answers to this question

Kitchen stuff definately, because it's useful, quick, and low maintenence. Or something pretty and decorative... being that long without her own space, she's going to need/want to finally be able to personalize her own home. I know I did *g* after 5 years of living in other peoples spaces, I went hog wild making my place look/feel like "me"

Ktichen stuff, like dishcloths & scrubbies cuz they will definitely get used! ( I'm biased against towel-toppers, but those are practical too ).

Also I was thinking of a house-warming afghan? I use my afghans all the time, and it's so nice to have one to throw on the couch for those chilly nights!

Heheh I :heart towel toppers... because they keep the darn towels where they belong lol. Between the cats dragging them down, me using 'em and not putting them back... well I can never find a towel when I need to dry my hands lol. I have two towels with toppers, one's been used so much it's falling apart. I really should make some more... another UFO now that I think about it, I have towels, even cut 'em in half.... but haven't finished 'em lol.

every one wants to snuggle on the sofa and a nice soft blanket to go on it would be nice.. try the 5 and a half hour throw on lionbrand site.. it works quick and easy with a Q and you can do it in neutral colours.. or choose her favourite colour or even ask her what she is going to do her living room in .. you coudl do the afghan.. some kitchen things.. and maybe even a doily or two .. depends on how much you want to do for her..

Great ideas.

I :heart the idea of a housewarming 'ghan too.

I should do some of the towels for myself since I have like one dish towel to my name lol I'd have to buy some first!

:rotfl :rotfl

I think I'll make up a "gift basket" of dish cloths, scrubbies, a pot holder or two and a couple fridgies!

Thanks for helping me get my creative juices flowing. Ya'll rock!:ty

OOOOOOOOOOH yeah that throw I have been dying to do Thanks I'll have to do that as well... Make it her earthy colors she loves.

I also like the idea of an afghan or throw. And it's something that will last a long time.

And the basket idea of a bunch of smaller things is great too.

Have fun.

LI Roe

Archived