American flag, a certain one

Ambersafghans

Question

9 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about and I can't find it. It was 1 of the first things I tried to make:th Bet I could do it alot better now.I thought it was in a book i had but nope:thinking2

Yep that american flag one is the one I'm talking about it. It's the same in the second link above. That thing gave me fits when I tried but I was a total begginer then.It's funny how we remember the ones that drove us bonkers:sweat

Is that the one Amber?? I love it :)h

The flags are almost the same, but I can see why the one in the second link would frustrate a beginner. It looks like her pattern calls for the stars to be made separately and then worked onto blue pentagons (creating a double thickness). The one in the picture was made with 6-pointed stars and then the blue yarn is just attached at the last round to make hexagons (creating the star in a hole effect). How to turn the field of hexagons into a rectangle is beyond my limited experience. Maybe adding in some triangles along the edges? :shrug The stripes look the same for both afghans.

Amber, I hope you're able to find your pattern. It's a really impressive-looking afghan. One of the websites is selling them for $110.

Archived